Chapter 5: Jennette's Debut

All eyes turned towards the imperial family as they entered the ballroom, everyone’s eyes mainly focused on the two princesses and their escorts, Princess Jennette’s being the young future duke Alpheus and Princess Anthanasia’s a young handsome man with jet black hair and ruby eyes which gave him a mysterious air.

Though the young master was handsome, the new figure with Princess Anthanasia picked the interest of every young lady as he emitted a unique air which was different from the commonly received gentlemanly one.

He was tall and strikingly handsome with a dangerous look which excited all the young ladies to find out about him as just not anybody was allowed to escort a royal princess of Obelia, which meant he had to have a noble status.

Fine suitors were uncommon these days.

This ball was of course hosted by the imperial family as Jennette’s first debut as a princess. Nobles had highly anticipated Princess Anthanasia’s actions, but were left extremely disappointed as she just sat near the snacks table with her escort beside her reading a book!

It was a clear message saying ‘I don’t care’ to everyone in the ballroom.

For half an hour they all convinced themselves that her calm demeanor was all just an act that would break with a matter of time, so they all prepared their invisible popcorn which eventually turned stale as nothing happened.

Since there was nothing interesting happening among the young ladies, they decided to try their luck with Princess Anthanasia’s escort as she easily gave them permission to, which was strange as your escort talking to another lady was mostly considered as a slap in the face.

They should have known from the way the Princess didn’t even glance at their direction that her escort was a no-go.

No lady was even able to get his name.

Name? No lady was even able to get a single greeting from him!

Every moment he opened his mouth was a humiliating rebuff.

“Your likes and dislikes” A young lady with flashy clothes asked boldly while looking at him rudely through her fake eyelashes.

“I like peace and quiet but hate ugly girls who think they’ll look beautiful by adding butterflies on their eyes”

“Are you a knight?” Another asked.

“Yes” He lied.

“Why did you become a knight”

“Certainly, not to answer boring questions like these”

“Your eyes are like the new rubies my daddy just bought for me. Beautiful and enchanting” A besmirched lady who was known for her flirtatious ways gushed while twirling her orange hair and fluttering her big green eyes.

“Your eyes are like those buckets of slime gotten from the garbage disposal. Dirty and disgusting. And that orange hair, like a horse’s butt”

His insults were utterly humiliating yet just like what one of the turned down advancers had said, his eyes just like rubies beautiful and enchanting bewitched them and made them even more interested in him.

How could someone say such things yet look so handsome saying them?

Princess Anthanasia’s escort had filled their heads with enough drama for another half hour while they eagerly waited for the coup d’état.

But their viewing tenacity was mercilessly broken as the princess said she would leave due to feeling unwell.

As Anthanasia left the ballroom she had realized two things.

'First, every noble woman in this world is a masochist

Two, the Alpheus household is in some kind of problem considering their current behavior.

My spies say that the air in the house is strange and tenser but the problem hasn’t been told to the workers but seems to be between Mr. Whitey, the white pup and the chimera as they keep on exchanging letters more frequently'

She was so deep in thought that she had not been concentrating as she walked and had accidently bumped into someone.

Out of reflex, she held and twisted the person’s arm then brought the person’s face closer to her with her left hand.

It was a young lady with brown hair and green eyes.  Small frame and glossy skin.

Her hand was quickly dropped as Anthanasia curtsied to apologize when she noticed she had scratched the ladies arm.
It needed to be healed before it left a scar.  A scar was the worst thing a young lady could have.

“I apologize for my mistake, Miss. If you allow me my escort here will heal you”

Anthanasia apologized while asking

Lucas to heal the injured lady, which he reluctantly accepted bearing in mind with his prideful behavior.

Just like he had always said ‘I’m a wizard, not a doctor. Though I’m far reliable than them considering how powerful I am’

Getting a better view of the lady as she stepped back into the moonlight she realized the girl had been holding a glass of wine which spilled on her green dress.

Leaving her like this would surely be rude and inconsiderate.

As the young lady stared at her hand in amazement as a part of her skin glowed then healed she clumsily took a bow as she understood who had just bumped into her.

“I give the Princess of the empire my greetings” She greeted with an awkward bow while peeking up at the princess.

Anthanasia sighed in her head as she listened to the incorrect greeting of the young lady, although she hadn’t seen who the girl was she had a vague idea of who it was she had bumped into.

“If you would like, you could follow me to my palace to change your gown”

“Ah, th-thank you, Your Highness”

They passed through the gates of the emerald palace to be greeted with its blinding lights head maid Lilian York came to greet the Princess.

She guessed the Princess would come back early and had prepared a light dinner for her but did not expect an extra guest with her.

Lilian quickly assigned maids to give the lady a new dress and clean her.

“Did Your Highness enjoy the ball?” Lilian asked while skillfully pouring a cup of juice into the glass cup in the hand of the princess.

“Mhh”

After ten minutes the young lady came out with a different dress, then Anthanasia could see her face properly.

Helena Irain.