Part 6.

Later that day, Mildred had just come out of the shower and it was almost time for them to go and watch the sunset. 

She picked some clothes out - it was a little windy and chilly outside so she chose a pair of light linen pants, a satin camisole and a lightweight cardigan. 

Once she had got dressed, she ran a comb through her hair and walked over to where Gwendolyn was making them some food to take down to the beach with them.

"Is it almost done?" She asked excitedly. 

"Yes, darling. Why don't you take the wine and blankets out for us and I will follow with the food." Gwendolyn stopped preparing and kissed Mildred softly on the lips. 

"Go on." She pinched her waist lightly making the younger woman giggle and squirm before grabbing two bottles of wine, two stemless glasses and a few blankets for them. 

She headed out after putting her sandals on, appreciating the gentle breeze. It was a welcome contrast to the blistering heat of earlier on in the day.

She put the blankets, wine and glasses down on the sand, being very careful to not get sand in the glasses before laying a blanket down for them to sit on. 

She kicked her shoes off and sat down on the blanket whilst she waited for Gwendolyn to join her, listening to the sound of the sea and the birds that flew overhead.

Gwendolyn walked out of the cabin, carrying a little basket with the food that she had prepared for them. She walked down to where Mildred was sitting. “Darling?” She asked as Mildred was in her own little world. 

“Darling?” She said again, a little louder this time which seemed to snap Mildred out of her daydream. “Oh gosh, I’m so sorry. I was miles away then.” She laughed, taking the basket from Gwendolyn. 

“Come on, sit down.” She patted the space beside her after placing the basket down. 

Gwendolyn joined her, taking her hand and lacing her fingers through hers, kissing the back of her hand. 

“This reminds me so much of our date when we went stargazing.” Gwendolyn grinned. “Yes! Me too. Nothing makes me happier than you and I being here together.” Mildred replied, kissing her tenderly, her hand on the nape of her neck. Gwendolyn kissed her with more passion, grabbing her by the waist and pulling her closer. 

Mildred pulled away, resting her forehead against Gwendolyn’s. “As much as I’d love to have sex right now, A. there is a large chance that we will get sand in places where sand should never be, and B. we will miss the sunset!” She laughed, as Gwendolyn rubbed her nose against hers. 

“You are such a party pooper.” Gwendolyn pouted. 

Mildred rolled her eyes, chuckling to herself as she opened the first bottle of wine and poured them both a glass. 

"Now, my love. What food did you prepare for us?" Mildred asked, sipping her wine.

"I just made us an assortment really. Some crackers and cheese, some olives and pickles, salad, smoked salmon and cream cheese. Chips and nuts too." Gwendolyn smiled, wrapping her arm around Mildred's waist, dropping a kiss on her shoulder which was now bare due to her cardigan slipping down. 

"Ooh yum." She got the food out of the little basket and placed it on the blanket in front of them. 

She used a fork and picked up a few olives before feeding them to Gwendolyn and going back to pick up some more for herself. 

"I never want to leave this place." Mildred admitted as they both fed each little nibbles of food. 

"We don't have to hide who we are or worry about what we are doing in public. I wish things were easier. I wish I could kiss you and hold your hand in public. I don't understand why we have to behave differently just because we are two women in love." She sighed, drinking the rest of her wine and refilling her glass.