22 | "karma"

tw // sexual assault

Luna

I stood up and Amelia looked at me with complete hatred in her eyes. Her eyes were stained with mascara from when she started crying when Ethan found out the truth.

"Where are you running to, Adams? Don't stop now, you've already ruined my relationship, why not finish me off right now?"

I scoffed. "I've barely scratched the surface with you 'Melia. If you think I'm even remotely done with you then you've got another thing coming."

"Finish what you were gonna say." Caleb urged. "How did Lydia and Amelia kill Stella?"

Before I got the chance to speak, Lydia spoke first. "Stella's death was an accident. She was wasted."

I shoved my phone into my purse. "I don't have time for this right now." I walked over to Nate who was still leaned against the door frame. "I need Andrew's keys." I told him and he gave me a strange look.

"Why? Where are you going?"

"Madison's in trouble. I have to go get her."

Nate kissed his teeth. "No way in hell am I letting you drive when you're this wasted."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not even that wasted."

I would've been convincing if my words hadn't been slurred and if I hadn't stumbled right as I said that. Nate quickly caught me before I fell and held me upright. He scoffed. "Yeah, sure. Come on, I'll drive you. I drank loads of water so I'm mostly sobered up now."

"Whatever." I said before Nate turned to Lena and Olivia. "Are you guys ready to leave?" Lena stood up without hesitation and breathed a sigh of relief. "I thought you'd never ask." She murmured as she began walking towards us.

Olivia soon followed her with a scowl on her face. "That totally killed my buzz." She muttered, referring to the conversation that was just had.

"I'm gonna go see if I can find Andrew, Brandon and your friends." Nate said. "Here's the keys, you guys can wait in the car." He passed the keys to Lena. "I'll come back with them and we can go get your sister, alright?"

"Step-sister." I corrected but nodded nonetheless.

Nate was about to walk away when he stopped to look at me. "Are you okay?" He had concern and pity in his tone and just the question itself made me want to burst into tears because I was the furthest thing from okay.

But I wouldn't cry. Crying doesn't get anybody anywhere so why waste your time?

I nodded and rubbed my legs together. Nate suddenly reached his hand over to cup my cheek and I almost jumped at the sudden affection. He rubbed my cheek with his thumb slightly before retracting it, leaving me craving more of his touch.

"You're freezing." He stated and I dismissed him with a wave of my hand. "I'm fine."

I had lost my jacket somewhere in the midst of the party and knowing the people of this town, someone had probably already stolen it.

"Your cheek is literally ice cold." He said as he began to take his jacket off. I shook my head in protest. "No. I don't need your jacket."