7

Ashley stood outside of the shack waiting for any sign of Hayley while the original hybrid went in searching the place, "Ashley!" He called out to the redhead who frowned turning to the shack's door

Klaus approached her with Dwayne's body perched on his shoulder, he shoved the body on the ground in front of her with raised eyebrows, "Care to explain"

As Ashley was about to respond to him, Elijah and Hayley emerged from the bayou making the couple turn to them, "There you are! I see you've found our wandering stray. Perhaps you could shed some light on the situation. This--" Klaus started kicking the body over, "-- appears to be a hybrid."

"His name was Dwayne." Hayley stated with disdain laced in her voice making the redhead frown.

"Well, whoever it was, I didn't sire him. Any idea how that's possible?" He wondered watching her carefully.

Hayley shook her head stomping towards Klaus with fury steps, "As if you didn't know!" She remarked as Elijah held her back walking in front of her approaching his brother.

"Ahhh, well, aren't you two fast friends? Oh, come on, then. What kind of horrible accusation have you conspired to levy against me?" Ashley saw that Klaus was getting closer to the couple so she put her hand on his arm to calm him down.

Klaus turned to the redhead looking at her arm before sighing standing his ground as Elijah started, "Tyler Lockwood brought Hayley here to test a theory. That the blood of her child could be used to sire hybrids. He claims that you knew that. Furthermore, that you intended to use this knowledge to build an army."

"Wait, you actually believe Tyler and even if Klaus knew about it, what? Do you think he would make another hybrid army so that they could turn on him again and have more enemies than he already does. " Ashley stated walking closer to Elijah, "No, Elijah I don't think so" she shook her head at him.

Klaus scoffed, "Don't mind him, Ashley." He turned to his brother with a scowl.

"Of course, he assumed it's true. I mean, why else would I show interest in my own flesh and blood? A heartbroken little crybaby points his finger at me, and my own brother falls in line, eager to believe it! How quickly you believe the worst, especially when it comes from her." Klaus pointed his finger at Hayley who took a step back not taking her eyes off of Klaus.

Ashley looked in worry from Elijah and Klaus as Elijah sneered at his brother, "Oh, spare me your indignation. When have you ever demonstrated any kind of concern towards Hayley or her child, beyond your own selfish pursuits? And what was it you once said to me?"

"Every king needs an heir!" Elijah impersonated Klaus' voice.

Klaus scoffed unimpressed, "My big brother. So, you doubt my intentions? Well, I can't say I'm surprised, standing next to the noble Elijah, how can I be anything but the lesser brother? A liar, a manipulator, a bastard."