𝐨.𝐨 𝐬𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐝 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐝

"̶s̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶d̶a̶d̶d̶y̶ ̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶s̶ ̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶"̶

HER DAD WAS NEVER AROUND and she blamed her mom. Growing up she never had the perfect childhood every kid should have. Her mom drove her dad out of the house, she would lay in bed every night listening to her parents argue until it stopped.

SHE USED TO GO AND SEE HER DAD until he stopped calling her, texting her, picking her up. So she gave up she never tried to call him, never tried to text him, she just gave up. Her mom kept herself busy working as a nurse, not coming home for days, and if she did it was for a short period of time. She basically raised herself. She would go out and see families together laughing, smiling, enjoying each other's company. She always wanted that.

Her mom came home one day smiling, she never smiles, her face always stays neutral. She had a pep in her step as she made her way up to her daughters room. She swung the door opened as she saw her daughter laying down on her bed, ear buds in enjoying her music.

Her mother walked over and tapped her causing Harley to slightly jerk back, opening her eyes quickly to only realize it was her mother. She questioned why her mother was so happy, it looked like her eyes were sparkling. With a grunt she sat up taking out her earbuds as her mother sat next to her on the bed.

"Mom whats wrong why are you so happy?" She questioned looking at her mother strangely

"Honey you will not believe it, I found another nursing job in Washington! And it pays better, like way better" Her mom basically squealed out as she explained to her

The first thing that came to her mind was we're moving she never thought her mom would ever want to move. Another thing is to move half way across the country. They lived in Michigan, it wasn't boring but it wasn't fun it was just ordinary.

"W-We're moving?" was the the first thing she let out after sitting in a moment of silence as her and mother stared at each other

"I know its too soon, but I need this job and if I'm being fair there aren't any good memories here anymore" Her mother mumbled as she got to the end of her sentence looking away

Harley rolled her eyes. She knew the reason her parents fought all the time when she was a kid, her mother. She wasn't trusting and never gave anyone enough space. She could see why her dad left her mom but what she doesn't get is why he left her, his daughter.

"But I already sold the house and we leave next week, so start packing" her mom finished as she left her room

She stared at the space her mother was just sitting in. She hated the way her mother didnt give her any say. Hated it.

She looked around the room and she imagined what her life would be like if her mother and father were still together.

Them asking how her day was at school, family dinners whenever her mother was able to come home. Her and her dad laughing while they drived in his truck.

She wanted it. But it will never happened.

Instead she was lonely, she didn't have a father figure, barely had a mother figure. At school no one talked to her, she was too quiet they didn't like that. She was fine that way. She never had a friend except for one of her childhood friends before they went into sixth grade and she said Harley wasn't popular enough.

Harley plopped down into her bed, plugging her headphones back in and zoning out listening to her music.

Not caring what the future wanted to bring her.