nine

Olivia

Lilah leaving was a shock to the house's system. No one knew quite how to respond to the absence of the four-year-old. It was quieter throughout the day and easier to get out the door on time, but I miss the noise, her small giggle, and the morning snuggles. 

I knew her leaving had the biggest impact on Everly and I wish I could help her to get past it, but she insisted that she was fine constantly. If she needed me, she'd come to me, but until then, I just need to continue being her parent and loving her. 

Thanksgiving had to be the hardest day for any of us, even our extended family who had grown to love Lilah in her time here. It had been almost a month and a half since she left, but her presence haunted the house in the best way possible. We just missed the tiny girl. 

As Christmas started approaching, Everly began to become more busy with schoolwork and practice for cheer outside of school. It was just enough to distract her from all things Lilah. 

"I have to go in today." Beth told me, coming out of the bathroom as she slowly buttoned her blouse. She is the most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes on. 

"What? Why? You were supposed to have a three day weekend." I sat up.

"I know, but we are getting new intern prospects and they want all hiring staff and management present." She pouted her bottom lip at me. She knows what she's doing. And I will play right into her games. With her, it's impossible to resist.

"How long will you be gone?" I questioned her.

"Should be only a few hours." She told me.

"How long until you have to leave?" I continued.

"About ten minutes." She smirked.

I reached for her, drawing her closer, then pulled her to me in a strong kiss.

"Don't start anything you'll regret." She whispered against my lips, pressing her body into me.

"I wouldn't regret anything with you." I said before pushing back into her mouth, stronger than before. "Do you think she's awake?" I asked trying to figure out if our daughter was out of bed yet.

"She's gone already. Coach called for early practice." She spoke, her face still close to mine.

Exactly what I needed to hear.

I pulled her over me on the bed, immediately being met with her giggle as she fell back into the mattress. I rolled over until I was over her, looking down at the love of my life. Her beauty amazed me every time I looked at her.

"What?" She asked, slightly blushing.

I gave her a soft smile, shaking my head slightly.

She lifted her head, initiating a kiss, so I obeyed her wish, drawing my face close enough to attach our lips. It took no time for her hands to find the waistband of my pants and gently slide one in. 

With a soft moan, I rolled my head to rest on her shoulder, falling deeper into her touch.

"I love the sounds you make." She husked in my ear, heating my entire being up.

My hands gripped tightly at the fabric of her shirt.

She quickly flipped me onto my back, split her legs around one of my thighs, and moved her hand in and against me with greater ease. I wrapped my arms tightly around her shoulders, holding her as close as possible as she pleasured me. 

"Beth." I moaned, letting her know I was close, so she could keep her motions consistent.

"Hold on to it." She demanded.