Cherish...

We're hurt and lost,
and we'll do it again
Because admitting defeat will only,
bring more pain.

And round and round we'll go
till the world does end,
and the light we saw
will be a dead end.

What Daniel had scribbled out were only his thoughts. Daniel Montaque didn't choose to write. Writing chose him. It was merely him projecting his inner and darkest thoughts onto paper without realising it. And the light we saw will be a dead end.

Daniel looked up from his journal, eyes flicking towards a dark-haired boy who was pretending to be annoyed at the green-eyed boy sitting opposite to him. They bickered for a few seconds, while their friends watched on in amusement. Julian was nudging Wynter's foot under the table, trying to get his attention. When he failed, he leaned forward and stole food off the other boy's plate. Wynter sat back and pushed the plate towards Julian, letting him finish the last of it.

Julian smiled sweetly and attempted to steal a quick kiss on the other boy's cheek and was rewarded with a fond smile. Wynter extended his hand over the table to hold Julian's. Julian's cheeks darkened into a light shade of scarlet as he finally went over to sit by the dark haired boy's side.

It was disgustingly cute to watch. Daniel smiled involuntary when Wynter laid his head on Julian's shoulder while staring into his green eyes with a small smile. They talked to each other in low whispers, fingers brushing against each other's slightly, knees bumping and arms grazing. Daniel wanted that one day.

" Fuck you Daniel! Why won't you go out with me?" Sammy dropped down in front of him, pouting.

" Sammy.... do you think I'm blind? I don't wanna get in between you and Aaron. I'm sorry." Daniel answered calmly, ignoring Aaron's curios gazes in their direction. Somehow Sammy was the only one who would never notices these glances.

Sammy whined while tugging at his arm " Daniel please? I'll help you buy that new PlayStation that's out"

"No offence," Daniel said shooting her a flat look, " But you're broke as hell"

" I know right? God! It's super unfair. How can the Dexter twins have everything?" she grumbled, biting into her sandwich. Mayonnaise oozed out of the edges and dripped down onto her plate. Daniel stiffened, grabbing at his water bottle to take a sip and try to divert his attention. How long had it been since he had eaten anything with mayonnaise in it? How long had it been since he had eaten anything?

" I—Sammy I have to go....I have something to—" Daniel started, without knowing how he would end the sentence.

Sammy bit her lip " I'm too annoying right? Don't lie. Maybe that's why Aaron doesn't like me back. I'm so insecure and I hate it. Shit...Daniel...what do I do? I feel like I'm seeking attention all the time. Oh god! Am I becoming like those cheerleaders? Oh wait—I am one. Dan what do I do? I feel horrible and—"

As much as Daniel liked to pretend and act that he wasn't interested, he couldn't lie to himself. He had a crush on Sammy and it was going to get larger and larger by the second. And he couldn't do anything about it. Out of pure impulse he stood up and leaned over the table, his bony and long fingers taking Sammy's face in his hands. He only had the time to register the confusion on her face before his lips slammed down onto her's. The kiss was short and rough and lasted only for a second, but it was enough. Enough to forever imprint the feel of her into his mind.

And when Sammy opened her eyes, Daniel was already racing past the tables towards the exit door. She watched him leave, running a hand down his face as he slid past people with ease, his backpack thumping against his back with each step.