1

"that took long enough" said Lauren as she started to take off her coat in her partners cave. another day went by and they still haven't found the bombs yet. she started to shiver and her partner, Kieran white, noticed "cold isn't it?" he said to try and break the silence that wailed upon them. "no shit" Lauren said as she changed out of her Lune clothes and into her normal clothes. it was christmas eve so of course it was cold, "alright i'm going to head out" she said as she started to leave the cave "merry christmas i guess." she stepped outside of the cave and she couldn't see a thing. kieran went outside with her to see what was going on and he, as well, couldn't see a thing. outside was covered with a blanket full of snow "well i guess we're stuck in here" kieran said as he went back inside trying to escape the snow storm. "no no no this can't be happening" lauren said to herself as she started pacing back and forth in the cave. "oi! stop stressing you can stay here for the night" kieran said as he cleaned his katana "it's not that bad in here." "no you don't understand subordinate, i have to go back home it's christmas eve!" lauren said sitting down in his couch. she put her hands on her forehead to try and stop freaking out but it didn't work. "don't worry the snow will stop in a little bit just stop freaking out" kieran said facing his partner, "besides it gives us more time to think about those bombs." she didn't say anything but it was a good idea to try and think about other important stuff than christmas dinners.

a few minutes passed in silence and kieran was getting tired of it so he asked "hey sinclair what are you doing for christmas?" the officer looked at him confused "why is he asking me this" she thought to herself. "nothing much, i'm just gonna spend some time with my uncle, open gifts, eat, the basics" she said turning away from him. he looked at her with much curiosity to know more but he didn't ask, he knows his partner a little too well and he knows that she won't give him more information than what she gave him. "what about you?" kieran's question sparked some curiosity onto lauren and now she wanted to know about his christmas. "nothing much" kieran said "just in my apartment, drinking hot chocolate i guess." lauren wasn't surprised with his answer, i mean who wants to spend the whole day with the purple hyacinth? Then lauren realized that no one knows he's the purple hyacinth only but her, so his answer did surprise her, does he not have family? does he always spend his christmas alone? she was going to ask him some questions but she got interrupted by kieran "hey officer i think the snow storm stopped" he said putting on his jacket "i have to stop by my apartment wanna come? i'll drop you off" she nodded her head slowly and got up of the couch

they both started walking out oh his cave in silence, well the whole walk to kierans apartment was in total silence. As they entered greychapel, 3 homeless kids walked up to kieran and lauren, "hey mister" the blonde one said looking at kieran, "may i help you?" kieran said turning to them. "we wanted to thank you for giving us money the other day when no one else wanted to so we all bought you a piece of bread" the shortest kid in the group took a bag and gave it to kieran, "merry christmas mister" they all said as they ran off. kieran looked at the bag like if it was the most valuable thing in the world. lauren stared at kieran and at the bag, she was also surprised, "i didn't think they were going to do this" Kieran said still looking at the bag. Lauren saw a softer side in him actually, she reached for his arm and looked up at him, he turned to look at her, "this shows how the world is still a little humble i guess" she said smiling up at him, he smiled back. they stayed like that for a little while until he came back to his senses, "oi! cmon i have to give you something" he said letting go of her grasp trying to forget what just happened. Lauren trailed behind him as she mumbled "something?"

as he opened his apartment door, a swoosh of heat came running out and lauren had to step in to try and warm up. She looked around his apartment, it was decorated with a christmas tree and it only had one gift under the tree.
he put the bag that the children gave him on the table and went towards the christmas tree. he kneeled down and picked up that one single gift, he inspected it to see if it had no tears or rips, he then got up and walked towards her. "it's nothing much but here" he said handing it towards her. it was a small wrapped gift with a festive bow on top. she held it and didn't know what to do with it. after a few seconds of looking at the gift, she looked up at Kieran who was watching her, "thank you subordinate" she said, "now i feel bad that i didn't get you anything" "nah it's fine" he said shifting his feet, "i was just passing by and i saw that and i thought of you, well of us, but mostly you and i bought it" as lauren heard the word "us" in his sentence she eagerly wanted to open the gift to see what it was. "so are you gonna open it or?" kieran said looking a little nervous thinking she didn't like it. "oh! i can open it?" lauren said surprised, "of course you can! do you think i just bought it for decoration or what?" kieran said with a little sarcasm in his voice. she rolled her eyes as she began to tear the wrapping paper, what was inside was a little black box that was a little fuzzy "is this a trap?" she said looking at kieran with an eyebrow raised. "of course not! what kind of barbarian do you think i am?" he said raising his voice a little but not too much" she laughed a little as she began to open the box, she was surprised at what she saw, it was a necklace with a little moon charm on it. Lauren looked up at Kieran shocked at what he got her "you're going to blow our cover with this necklace!" she said laughing a little, "maybe that was my intention" kieran said, which was sarcasm but she still managed to punch him in the stomach. "thank you kieran" she finally thanked him "can you put it on?" she asked him, he nodded as he held the necklace in his fingers. she turned around and moved her hair towards a side so he could put on the necklace. when he was done she turned around to face him, she wanted to hug him but she didn't. "i have to go now, subordinate" she said opening the door to his apartment "thank you for the gift and merry christmas" she left, and he just stared at the distance to where she was walking. "why didn't i say anything!" he slammed his forehead onto the doorframe, after a second later he smiled remembering the look on her face that he will never forget, the face that still makes him feel human.

Lauren walked away from greychapel and into her neighborhood, it was already 10 o'clock and her uncle warned her to come back at 8. she walked down her neighborhood looking at the necklace kieran gave her, of course she was going to repay him back but right now she had other important things to think about. as lauren walked into her house, she was greeted by her maids, her uncle looked at her but he didn't say anything, he just said "welcome back ren, dinner is at the table if you want some." she hanged her coat up and went up to her uncle "i'm sorry uncle tristan, i was caught up at a friends house then a snow storm hit and i couldn't come back" "friend you say? hmm sounds more like a boyfriend if you ask me" he said raising an eyebrow. Lauren looked at her uncle with disgust but her cheeks felt a little hot when he said 'boyfriend'. "you should invite him tomorrow to our christmas dinner, i wanna meet this 'boyfriend' of yours" he said to lauren as he picked up a newspaper, "yeah yeah whatever" she said going up the stairs "i'm going to go to bed see you tomorrow uncle" as she went up her stairs, and into her room, she couldn't still believe what kieran gave her. "maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to have kieran here tomorrow" she thought but she immediately shook that thought out of her head and started heading to bed.

                           to be continued...