Chapter 2

*picture of Corie*

Corie's POV

"Corie, I love you baby. But, get your ass up before you're late on your first day". My Dad yelled

I'm pretty sure I'll hate it here. I'm gonna miss New York. My old friends, my school, my house, memories of my Mom. She died a couple years back. So my Dad moved on and married a fake gold-digger named 'Monica'. Don't get me wrong, she's pretty and all, but she treats me like shit and I swear she only loves my Dad for money. He's a lawyer and makes about $475,000.00 a year and counting.

So I finally decide to get up and I take a 20 minute shower. I throw on a cute marvel cut off tank top, leggings and a pair of black converse. Pretty casual, I didn't wanna go all out. Then, I started on my hair I decided to just leave it curly for today. When I finished I was on my way and I headed to school in my dodge charger gt. I got it for my 16th birthday. The drive was about 10 minutes.

When I got there I looked around. There were a lot of people outside, meaning a lot of eyes on me. Girls mean mugged me as the guys whistled. I was relieved and took a big inhale and exhale when I got inside. I don't really like being the center of attention. I searched for the office, but instead I found something else. Or should I say someone? I saw a incrediblely handsome white boy. He had mesmerizing blue eyes, soft looking Brown hair and stretched ears making him look like a bad ass and I bet he was. Mama told me to stay away from bad boys, because they'll break my heart. I noticed him looking at me so I quickly acted like I was looking for something. Thank God his friend popped up, I used that as a distraction to make a quick exit. Turned the corner and I finally found the office and talked to the pretty blonde Secretary at the desk.

"Hello I'm Co-"

"Yes I know Corie Gold, take a seat I'll let Mrs. Barrett know you're here.

I Turned around and looked through the window I was facing and guess who I saw again? Yep, the bad boy and he was looking right at me. I quickly sat down to avoid eye contact. Minutes went last and I the bell rang the pretty blonde secretary came back and sat at her desk.

"Mrs.Barrett will be with you shortly"

I nodded and kept waiting. About 4 minutes later I see the door swing open dramatically and everything was in slow motion. The bad boy walked in the lighting in the room became dim and I heard the choir singing hallelujah. Oh boy is this kid is hot. Damn, I have to snap out of it. No bad boys for me. I look away only to find myself looking back at him and him winking back at me making my face start to get warm. When I look over to my right and see him sitting next to me.

"Hey mama, I'm Jake".

Ya know the saying cat got your tougne? Well, in this moment that really applied to me. I sat there staring at him for a good 5 seconds. What was this boy doing to me? I don't even like being called ' mama', but coming out of his mouth just felt good. Right when I got the courage to actually open my mouth and say something-

"Corie Golding" I looked up and saw a light skin woman in a gray suit who looked about 45 standing before me. I Immediately got up before I embarrassed myself talking to Jake. She looked over to him and rolled her eyes. She turned around and said "I'll deal with you later Jake".

When we got to her office, she signaled me to take a seat.

"Okay, Corie your first period is AP History 173 with Mrs.Kellington". Here is your schedule. Please try to stay out of trouble. Also, a little advice. Distance yourself from students such as Jake".

I grabbed my schedule and Mrs.Barrett walked me out.

"Now to deal with you" she said looking at Jake.