Part 2 - Gorgeous

Charlotte/ An energizing chuckle rings out in my ears as Isaac rests his head to the side, against the backrest. 

"What made you take this train in mitst of a spring storm, Charlie?" The corner of his lips lift up, forming a little smile as he scans my face in amusement.

I guess we are sticking with Charlie. I don't bother to correct him anymore though. To be honest I like my new nickname. It makes me feel sexy and unfamiliar, not as reserved as I feel when I'm Charlotte, more wild and free.

A nervous giggle bubbles up in my throat as I slowly lean back into my seat. "Why did you get onto this train, Isaac?" I decide to answer a question with a question.

"I saw a mysterious woman jump over some suitcases like she was an Olympic athlete, I just had to meet her. So I followed her onto this train." He shrugs it off, his face deadly serious.

"No, you didn't." I hide my mouth behind my hand, my laugh is too loud. He's kidding right, he must be?

"Yes actually, you happen to know if this train is going to Pittsburg?" Again with a straight face.

"Toronto, I'm afraid!" I smile but then act really serious. "Too bad you missed that beautiful mysterious athlete though." I look around to make a point. I'm clearly not an athlete.

He sure is good at breaking the ice, although I doubt there was ever any ice to start with. If there was it melted away the moment his warm hands first touched mine.

"Gorgeous!" He pauses, eyes growing big. "She was gorgeous, actually..." He looks very shy now. The blush on his cheeks gives me a subtle hint that he blurted that out by accident.

He thinks I'm Gorgeous, that's adorable.

"Well, I'll have to do, I'm afraid." I say quickly, to save him from further embarrassment, not to take the attention away from my head turning into a tomato or anything.

So begins an hour long conversation about everything and nothing. Laughs and tears, hopes and dreams, mine and his are spilled without even thinking about it.

I tell him about Liam, not the whole story, just a little piece of my past. How we met in Collage, him supporting me to get my degree, the break-up, me moving back home after ... everything except for the real pain. As we are telling each other a lot of personal things, there are some secrets that have to stay hidden. I notice that goes both ways. Although genuinely smiling, there is a certain sadness in-bedded behind Isaac's gentle eyes.

Somewhere along the ride I got really comfortable and put my legs on his to rest. His hand easily found its place on my knee. After a while he moved it up inch by inch, hardly noticeable, crawling underneath the hem of my dress. Caressing the skin on my lower thigh that hasn't been touched for a while now.

I'm not at all embarrassed to say,  I don't mind his natural boldness.

"Do you play too?" Curiously gazing at my hand. Isaac carefully lets his long fingers travel mine like he would do on the familiar keys of a piano. He told me earlier, he's a musician, a songwriter actually. Figures he would recognize music hands if he saw them.

"Piano." My heart stops beating for a moment.

He looks up from underneath his long lashes for a split second then nods, urging me to go on.

"I used to... play." I close my eyes when a sad memory comes to mind. "Not since my dad died. I can't... not anymore." I can't believe I just admitted that to somebody. I haven't even talked about freezing up with my mom or Dannii or Nick for that matter. But I'm sure they know by the way I guard the piano wing in my mom's living room with my life. Since my dad can't touch the keys anymore, nobody is permitted to play in the house either.

I open my eyes and see his, full of pain by my confession, they are moist yet all he does is nod his head again. Somehow he understands my loss.

"I love it when it rains." I glance outside, away from his intense gaze, changing the subject. "When I was a kid I used to stay awake during storms. Not because I was afraid, but because I loved the ticking sound on the window like it was..."

"Music!" Isaac finishes my sentence. Deep in his own thoughts he stares out of the window as well, a frown covering his face.

Without thinking I reach out, caressing the stressed outline between his brows with my thumb, before sliding a few dried up curls to the side. If I surprised him with this act of intimacy, he doesn't show it.

He rewards me with his million dollar smile. Glad I could make the dark cloud in his mind disappear, I continue like that just didn't mean a thing too the both of us.

"Yeah, I used to sit down on the windowsill, listening. Looking at the world outside like it was a magical painting, always changing, raindrop by raindrop, listening to Mother Natures music." I let my finger follow a drop on the window above my head.

"Why is it, Charlie..." Suddenly his face is full of mischief, eyes gone dark. "That every time you say something as innocent like that. I have to fight every urge to kiss you."

"... " I open my mouth to reply but honestly what do you say to something as mesmerizing as that.

The truth is I've been fighting every desire to jump his divine body the moment I've locked my eyes with his.

Totally out of character and without thinking I lean forward and place a craving kiss on his lips. The hum that slips his throat rattles my bones more than I anticipated. It only takes a few seconds but my entire body feels electrified by the time I disconnect.

Only a few inches apart, I keep my eyes closed for a second longer, his warm breath embracing my face. When I open them I notice Isaac is even more surprised than I am by my action. Eyes still closed, eyebrows scrunched up and a smile plastered all over his face.

"First stop Mills." The lovely voice from the intercom breaks us from our cozy bubble away from the outside world and swings us back to reality.

His eyes shoot open coated in fear, searching my face for a sign which will say: this is my stop. But I smile, reassuring I'm not getting off. At least not for the next hour or so.

As the compartment empties, an exciting hunger grows behind his blue eyes. Not breaking eye contact he awakens a thousand butterflies from their years and years of cocooning inside my stomach. His fingers slide through my hair smooth as a knife through butter, then wrap around my neck like a soft scarf pulling me closer.

Well this is getting intense really fast, these two have an interesting chemistry going on if you ask me ⚡️

If you liked this chapter and want to read more, please vote. It means the world to me ⭐️