||Chapter 38||

~Happiness is not by chance but by choice.~

~ ALEXIS ~

"Alex, what do you want for-" Xander paused when he saw me. "What are doing?" His voice grew deeper and kind of angry.

"Packing." I halt to look up at him and then went back to packing after passing him a smile. "I was thinking of going back to my apartment tomorrow," I informed him while setting my shirt and jeans inside a bag.

"Why?" He asked, walking near me.

"Logan's finally in jail, so, there's no point in staying here anymore," I shrug.

He almost sounds offended when he said. "No point?"

"Y-Yes?" I spoke, hesitantly. "Well, I-I mean, you said I will have to stay here until my stalker was behind the bars, and now that he is, shouldn't I be moving out?" I added while walking back to the closet to get the rest of my clothes.

"Since when did you start taking my words so seriously?" He scoffed, following me into the closet.

"It's only fair, Xander. I can't stay here forever." I replied with a casual shrug. "Oh, by the way, can you-" 

"No!" He snaps, without even letting me complete my sentence. "You are not going anywhere." He snatches the shirt from my hand, keeping it back on the rack.

I stare at him, surprised by his actions. "Xander, it's ok." I grab the shirt again. "He is in prison, he can't hurt me anymore. Plus, I've already stayed here for so long. I can't-" 

He stops me by tugging the shirt from my hand, again. "I said no."

"Xander, what's wrong?" I asked him, sighing.

"You are wrong." He refuted. Huh? "You can't leave just like that. This is my house not a fucking hotel. You can't come and go as you wish. You go only when I tell you to go." He says, walking out of the closet, near the bed.

"Xander!" I shrieked when he picks up my bag. "Xander, no, don't..." I breathe out, whispering. "...do it." He came back and emptied my bag inside the closet before closing it. 

I don't know why he is acting so sensitive. 

"Xander, listen to-" He cut me off yet again. "Tell me what do you wanna eat?"

"What?" My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Xander-" 

"Stop repeating my name and tell me what do you wanna eat? I need to order. I am famished." He shrugs. 

He wasn't even letting me talk!

Looking at his straight face, I knew he wouldn't stop this behavior anytime soon. So, I finally give in. "Anything with lots of cheese will do," 

"Ok." He nodded, walking out of the room without any second word. 

I shake my head at his childish behavior and decided to talk to him about this later. 

.

.

"Mam, Mr. Crawford is here." My bodyguard, Dylan, informed me as soon as I stepped out of the elevator. Yes, Xander forced me to keep him with me for some unknown reason. 

"Is he now?" I scoff. 

That bastard. He stopped talking to me after the whole packing fiasco last night. He didn't even let me cuddle, in fact, he slept facing opposite to me. This morning he dropped me off at my office and left without a goodbye kiss, then didn't reply when I texted him if anything was wrong. He just texted me back saying he is busy.