Chapter 8:

"Wake up Lily."
"No!"
"I'll start singing!"
"NO!"
"Nice to, meet you, where you, been!"
"TARA!"
"I can, show you, incredible things!"
"Seriously?"
"Magic, madness, heaven, sin, saw you there and I thought."
"OH MY GOD!"
"Look at that face! You look like, my next mistake. Love's a game, wanna plaaaaaayyy!"
I groaned and pushed my pillow off of my face.
"Tara. Please. GO AWAY!"
Tara giggled and sat down on the edge of my bed.
"Seriously. Or someone will get seriously hurt!"
Tara rolled her eyes but got off my bed.
"Come on lazy bones, it's almost time for breakfast, in fact, there's only five minutes until then."
"FIVE MINUTES!" I jumped. Hitting my head on the top of my canopy bed.
I leaped from my covers and dashed around the room, grabbing clothes, robes, shoes, etc.. Then I grabbed my watch.
"Tara, we still have half an hour until breakfast."
Tara shrugged," five got you up though."
I groaned and made my way to the bathroom, plotting my revenge. I brushed my teeth, popped on my clothes with the help of Lauren's spell, brushed and did my hair in a high ponytail, and pulled on a headband. I dragged myself back into the bedroom where I put on my light pink sneakers and tied them tightly. Tara was also wearing her robes, like all students had to during the week, her hair was up in a French braid, and she had on her green sneakers.
"Where's Lauren?"
"Already up and in the common room. I think the boys are down there too."
I nodded and put my pjs into the hamper quickly. I grabbed my wand from my dresser and stuck it in the secret wand pocket in my robe. It was in every robe, on the inside, and everyone put their wands there when they weren't using them.
I jumped down the stairs and ran up to Lauren, Luther, and Dillion, who were all flopped on the same couch I had slept on yesterday and we're talking quietly.
"Hey guys! What's up?"
"Oh nothing." Lauren said bouncing up and down on the couch. She seemed peppy this morning.
"We were just playing truth or dare, and it was just Dillion's turn, so now....."
"NO!" Lauren screamed flopping back dramatically. I'm taking that means it's her turn.
"Lauren, truth or dare."
"Mmmmmmm......dare."
"Being daring eh?" I asked sitting on the armrest of the couch next to Lauren.
She nodded.
"Alright, I dare you.....to.........interrupt class with McGonagall today."
Lauren narrowed her eyebrows," that's the best you can come up with?"
Luther shrugged," fine then, ummmmm..........you have to go into the boys dorm and stay in there for five minutes."
"Fine." With that Lauren got up and tromped up the steps to the boys dorm.
We all giggled as we heard a boy scream," hey! Your not a boy! Get out!"
"Can't, I'm on a dare."
I rolled my eyes and turned back to the group, "I'll take Lauren's place."
"Okay, but I have to leave, forgot my wand and books."
I nodded as Dillion got up and headed into the boys dorm, which was still exploding with yells.
"Okay....I'm totally playing, so Lily...."
Dang it! Tara!
"Truth or dare?"
She knew very well what I would choose. I'd played with her before.
"Fine.......interrogation."
Tara grinned evilly," truth then, do you like Dillion?"
I whacked her.
"You've already asked me that!"
"And I forgot the answer! Just tell me!"
"I don't know, he's nice, I mean, he gave me this flower," i twirled the charmed flower in my hand, I had been taking it with me everywhere since I got it," soooooo........maybe."
"You have to give me a real answer."
"Maybe IS a real answer!"
Tara laughed.
"Fine, it's a maybe."
"Students! Breakfast starts in five minutes, please report down to the great hall!" McGonagall's voice sounded through the room. Must be a magic voice magnifier or something.
"Tell me for real later." Tara whispered in my ear as she grabbed her book bag and whizzed past me to the common room door.
I rolled my eyes but followed her.
"Lauren! You can come down now!" I shouted behind me as I shut the door behind me.
"Finally! I was getting a headache from all these yells!"
*****************************
Our first class after breakfast was Potions with Professor Henry. It went well until Connor blew up his potion, scattering big green-ish blobs of goo everywhere. I swear if we didn't have magic it would have taken ages to clean up!
Second class was better, it was Defense against the Dark Arts with Professor Jinx, who was actually doing something interesting today, instead of his normal blabber. He had us pair up, then pick a miniature dragon out of a hat, like at the triwizard tournament, then we were supposed to write a small essay on that dragon, including the dragons strengths and weaknesses, how to defeat it, and other small facts. I paired up with Dillion for that one, while Tara paired with Albus and Lauren paired with Luther. She seemed upset she couldn't pair with me or Tara, but smiled it off in order to not hurt Luther's feelings. She and Luther were first to pick a dragon, theirs was a Pickled-Pipe-Dragon, a small, pickle green colored dragon with a spiked tail. Albus and Tara picked a purple dragon with a frilly neck, it was called the PurpleQueen. Much to Tara's liking.
Dillion and I had a slightly larger dragon, called the Horned-Pipetail dragon.
"Ouch!" I winced as the Horned-Pipetail breathed fire on my palm where it was sitting, it was so small that it barely hurt, but it would leave a small blister for sure.
"Here, I'll take it."
I smiled gratefully as Dillion took the mini dragon from my hand and clasped it tightly in his own.
After second period was third period, Herbology, that class was an unusually slow one, and Professor Neville seemed extremely on edge. He wouldn't even let anyone touch the Mystifying Mushrooms we were studying. They would spray a mist that if you touched them it would make anyone who was near it fall asleep. For one hour at the most. He made sure we knew how to cover our mouths and noses when it sprayed and that we knew the spell to clear the mist, Aciomisto. We performed it a couple of times on just some water mist, but never got the chance to try it on the real mushroom.
I think Professor Neville was all nervous because of two days ago with the Devils Snare accident. Honestly I don't blame the Professor at all, but it doesn't help, even when I told him again and again that it was O-K.
Fourth period was the last one before break, and was Transfiguration with Professor McGonagall. The schedule for classes changed often, but McGonagall said that we would be sticking to this schedule for the rest of the year. Unless something came up at least. Transfiguration was half trying the quill/flower thing again, and the other half was spent trying to transform a small bird into a glass cup. I was not so pleased with this however, and purposefully got the spell wrong for the poor birds sake. She also taught us the reversal spell. After that I felt much more comfortable with turning the bird to glass. Lauren and Dillion seemed much more relieved as well, Tara didn't seem to care however, she was much more focused on trying to prove Albus wrong on a bet they had made. Albus had bet Tara that she couldn't do the spell the whole class, Tara had bet that it would be the other way around and that Albus wouldn't be able to. Now they were both so focused on their spell that when Hugo's bird escaped him and flew out the window, neither of them noticed.
Lunch was nothing new. Just us talking about homework and stuff, then we had free period. I decided I wanted to go take a nap, Dillion said he did too and so did Lauren. After Lauren made a promise that she wouldn't let me sleep in the common room instead of the bedrooms this time, Tara agreed to let us go.
As we walked into the common room I spotted a dark, curly haired girl standing in a corner, her back turned to us. I recognized her as a girl from my class. She seemed, sad, so I approached her cautiously and tapped her shoulder while Lauren and Dillion went up to their own dorms.
"Um....hi? Are you okay? You look upset about something."
The dark haired girl turned to me, as soon as she saw my face her eyes lit up but she quickly returned to her sad state.
"Oh no, I'm just a bit stressed out about my report for potions due tomorrow."
I nodded, then looked down, noticing she was wearing a Slytherin badge.
"Are you slytherin? How'd you get in here?"
"Yes," the girl nodded, messing with her robes." My friend is a Gryffindor and she brought me in here to help her on her own assignment, don't worry though, she covered my ears so I couldn't hear the password."
I nodded, slightly relieved. Houses weren't suppose to mix, besides during classes and all. They were never allowed to go into other house's dorms, and shouldn't know the password. However this girl looked trustworthy, and she was only here for a school assignment so.......
"Oh, okay."
The girl grinned and stuck out her hand," my names Margret Drandorf, but everyone always calls me Bella, mostly because I hate the name Margret and so I make them."
She giggled and so did I. A name popped up in my head, but I couldn't quite work out what it was. My dad had told me about her once.....Bellaaaaa.....? What was the name!?
"So," I shook myself, paying attention to Bella now," what's your name?"
"Oh! I'm sorry, got lost in my thoughts."
"Believe me I know."
I cocked my head but continued," my name's Lily Potter."
"Lily Potter? The real one?"
I laughed, nodding.
"Well, Lily, nice to meet you." She shook my hand before pulling away.
"Nice to meet you too, I really have to go now, but what classes do you have? Maybe I'll see you?"
"Same as you," Bella said smirking a bit and walking around the Gryffindor couch," I'm in your Herbology class, and Dark Arts, I'm in Transfiguration, and Potions too."
She shrugged," basically I'm in all your classes."
I nodded," that's cool."
Suddenly a figure appeared on the girl bedrooms stairs.
"Bella! Come on! I need your help." The girl said leaning against the stair rail. She had dull green colored eyes and brown straight hair with natural highlights. She was wearing a short Gryffindor skirt and top, with a black sweater jacket over that.
"Bree." Bella explained to me as she quickly skipped over to the stairs.
"Bye Lily!" Bella called over her shoulder, following Bree who had turned and tromped up the stairs.
"Bye!" I waved and then plopped down on the couch. Suddenly Lauren appeared in front of me.
"No sleeping down here! Remember?"
I laughed and stood up, following Lauren up the stairs to our room. Ava and Rose were at the quidditch field together. Ava was trying desperately to teach Rose how to fly a broom, but Rose, having quite a lot of her mother in her, wasn't succeeding. Not great for Ava, but great for us. Now we could talk with no one else around.
Lauren shut the door behind us and went to sit on her bed. I sat down on mine and pulled off my sneakers.
"Who was that you were talking to down there?" Lauren asked.
I flopped down on my bed," This girl named Bella, it's weird that that that's her nickname, because her real name is Margret."
"She was Slytherin?"
I sat up and raised an eyebrow at Lauren, giving her the how-did-you-know-that look.
Lauren shrugged." I heard you guys talking while I went up here."
"Yeah," I said relaxing back onto the bed again," she was here to help a friend with an assignment."
Lauren nodded,"Was she nice?"
I nodded, but then scrunched up my eyebrows," She was, but she seemed kinda......mysterious."
"That's probably just her personality," Lauren said flopping back onto her bed as well, "Mysterious, dark, creepy."
"She's not creepy!" I said.
Lauren laughed," I'm kidding Lily."
I laughed too then laid down. We talked for a few more minutes, but not about Bella or anything really, just small things like quidditch, meals, classes, homework, stuff like that. After that we just laid there until we fell asleep.
*******************
"Lily! Lily wake up!" Someone hissed at me, poking my arm. I recognized it as Bella.
I opened my eyes quickly, realizing that I was still in the library with Dillion, Bella, Lauren, and Tara.
"Sorry, I'm just tired. Didn't get much of a nap considering you woke me up." I said pointing at Tara. She just shrugged.
"Sorry, but I assumed you would want to come with us here to do our dragon reports." She said sarcastically.
I shook my head but grinned,"Of course I wanted to, I just wasn't planning on doing it right in the middle of my nap!"
"Shhhhh!" A librarian hissed at us from across the room. She shook her head as a quill levitated beside her, seeming to look at us also, almost....mockingly. She turned back and the quill returned to her paper silently. I rolled my eyes and turned back to the group.
"So, find anything?" I asked turning to Dillion who shook his head.
"Nothing really, just a few old papers of graduated students who had to write the same thing. Their all pretty boring too."
I skimmed through the first one Dillion handed to me then handed it back in disgust.
"Who wrote this? A first grader?"
Dillion shook his head and chuckled," no that paper was by Draught Bendom, it says he's in fourth year."
I looked at the top of the page and sure enough there it was, Draught Bendom, 4th year student.
"How much you wanna bet he got a zero?"
Dillion laughed and the librarian shushed us again.
After that we spoke quietly, not wanting to get in trouble anymore.
"Hey look at this!" Dillion whispered to me suddenly, staring wide-eyed at an old newspaper. The Profit no doubt.
"Let me see." I said leaning over to look at the article.
I skimmed through it before looking back up," What's the Book of All Magic?"
Lauren jumped up and sat down quickly in the chair next to me, making a screeching noise of the wood library floor.
"It's this awesome book that has every single spell ever invented written inside of it! It's supposedly ginormous! Has all kinds of tips and tricks and has reversal spells for just about everything! It even has this one that can bring people back to life!"
"Like....it works on everyone? Why has no one used it before?"
"Because it also brings a curse on you, that you won't live as long, and just plain old bad luck." Lauren shrugged.
"Who would be stupid enough to use that?"
"Someone who was really desperate." Lauren said returning back to her normal seat.
We sat in silence for a minute.
"It has a spell for.....everything?" Dillion asked finally.
"Everything." Lauren reassured him.
Dillion looked down at his lap, then back up directly at me," I wish there wasn't a curse to come with that spell." He finally said.
"Why?"
Dillion looked back down at his lap,"My little sister died when she was five."
I took a sharp breath inward.
"Why didn't you tell us?"
Dillion shrugged," My parents never talk about her anymore, I think they want me to forget about it, but I can't."
I put my arm around Dillion but quickly blushed and pulled it back," sorry."
Dillion smiled at me," it's okay Lily."
I felt my cheeks turn even more red as he said my name, and much to my surprise he put his hand in mine under the table and squeezed it. I was probably beet red, but I didn't care.
"I'm really sorry about your sister." I said.
Dillion didn't stop smiling for a second,"Don't be, it's not your fault, it's no ones, can we get back to the essay now?"
I grinned," Okay, and this time I'll stay awake!"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This chapter is SUPER DUPER LONG I know, but I got really caught up in making it!
Since the cover doesn't have pictures on it anymore, it's just a book (The Book of All Magic btw) , I'll tell you the cast here
Lily- Young Olivia Holt
Dillion- young Daniel Radcliffe (I couldn't find anyone else who would work for someone who looked just like harry)
Tara- Piper Curda
Lauren- Peyton List
Luther- Peyton Meyer
Albus- Albus from the Harry Potter movie (boy who played him)
Hugo- Hugo from the Harry Potter movie (boy who played him)
Bella- not sure yet so I'll get back to you on that one. Someone with curly black hair and brown eyes.
Thx for reading all this because it's super long! Peace out! ~KMBdancer2001