Chapter 12:

"What!?" Tara, Dillion, and I exclaimed. Bella just stared open mouthed in shock.
"She was taken captive after lunch, probably trying to find you four."
All of us stared at McGonagall in silent shock.
"Who did this?" Tara finally asked, half shouting.
"Miss Peterson, please keep it down, we are still inside mind you," McGonagall reminded Tara quietly, shaking her head," And it was a death eater, we are not sure the precise name of the death eater, but it was just one. A student said they saw the kidnapping from just down the hall near the girls bathroom."
"Wait," I interrupted quickly, a thought striking me," Which girls bathroom?"
"First floor. Why?"
I gave Tara a nervous glance before turning back to McGonagall.
"Just asking, it might help find her."
"You will not be looking for her." McGonagall jumped," too dangerous for four, young, first year students!"
"I understand professor, but if someone from the ministry asked us about her.....we are her friends after all."
McGonagall studied my face carefully before sighing.
"I know you all want to help, but please I beg of you not to. We don't need more students disappearing."
We all nodded solemnly.
McGonagall clasped her hands together, the way she always did when she thought something was settled.
"Good, now I must be going. Please return to your dorm, Louis and Monica are both in a frenzy trying to get all you Gryffindors together."
"Okay." Tara nodded. I noticed she was crossing her fingers behind her back.
McGonagall turned and left, leaving us standing there for a moment of pure silence, before Tara started walking the other way again.
"This isn't the way to the common room." Bella said.
"I know," Tara smirked," but it's the way to the Chamber. If we get that book, we're not only saving your dad and Lauren, but the whole world too! Do you know how bad it was when he was here? Awful! I've heard about it numerous times in excruciating detail!"
We didn't say anything, just continued to walk on in silence.
Tara sighed.
"Look, we get that book, we hide it somewhere safer, and it's good. They know it's in the Chamber, obviously, or they wouldn't be here would they? They wouldn't have taken your father as bait. Because what's the good in that if you have no idea where the book is? They know it's here guys, and they're going to act soon. We just have to find it before they do."
We all nodded as we rounded the corner and the girls bathroom came into view. We snuck inside and shut the door quietly, then turned back around.
"So your back."
I rolled my eyes at the familiar ghost.
"Hi Myrtle, I am back, and these are my friends Dillion, Tara, and Bella."
"I can see into your soul you know, I am dead." Myrtle said to Bella coldly.
I stepped in between the two sighing.
"Myrtle, please leave her alone. She's helping us."
Myrtle raised her eyebrows but turned around and flew back to the window.
"If that's what you want."
I rolled my eyes at her again before turning to Tara.
"Where do I speak parsel tongue to? There's no snakes around."
Instead of speaking, Tara simply pointed her finger towards the old sink.
I stepped forward, and took a deep breath.
"Open."
The sink started to move, it opened up until there were large gaps between each of the sinks and mirrors. I peered over into the dark hole that lay inside.
"Well, aren't you going?" Bella asked me.
Dillion shook his head and stepped forward.
"I'll go first; what if it's not safe?"
I shrugged.
"Then we're about to find ouuuuuttt!" I jumped at the last word and before Dillion could protest I was sliding down the tunnel. I could hear Dillion behind me. A light flashed in front of us and I knew the end was close. I closed my eyes and jumped out. There was ground beneath me! I was fine! Hooray! I opened my eyes and immediately wished I had kept them closed. There was hundreds of bones scattered everywhere, and not just animal bones, human bones. I shuttered as a large scull on the side of the room attracted my attention.
"WhoooaaA!"
Dillion came tumbling out of the slide and crashed into me, making me fall onto the bones.
"What is this?" He asked standing up and pulling me to my feet.
"Bones." I said. It came out more like a whisper however.
Dillion shuddered and I gulped.
"Watch out!"
Dillion and I jumped out of the way just in time for Bella and Tara to come whizzing down the slide. They both stumbled but didn't fall as the slide deposited them onto the floor.
"That was fun!" Tara exclaimed and I laughed, it rang off the chamber walls in a loud echo, making me jump.
"Let's go, there's another tunnel over there." Bella said pointing to a large circular opening, it lead to a tunnel I couldn't see the end to.
We all nodded and crunched over to the hole, hopping through to the other side and looking around once more. The tunnel was old and filthy, something Mr. Filtch wouldn't be too pleased to hear about. We continued on in silence until Tara broke it.
"Look! Just up there!"
I followed her pointing finger towards a small hatch in the wall up ahead, it had a design of stone snakes on it, around five of them, and was a greenish-grey color.
We hurried towards it quickly, grateful for anything to get us out of this bone covered room.
"Speak to it." Dillion muttered and I cleared my throat.
"SSSSSSSSHHHHHIIIAAAAHHHHAASSSSSIIIIAAATTTTHHHHLL." I said in parsel tongue to the door. It meant 'open up'.
The door groaned and a large stone snake slithered around, the other stone snakes drawing back to let it through. Smart locking system really. Loud clanks sounded until finally, with another groan, the door swung slowly open.
"Whoa." I said out loud as the four of us stepped into the chamber.
We clambered down the small ladder to the slick, wet floor of the chamber below. Lining the hall we were standing in were about ten, stone statues of snake heads. They poked up out of the water that surrounded them as if they were surveying the room, their large, stone eyes seemed to follow us as we walked down into the main part of the chamber. I didn't even notice until we were halfway into the main part that the stone hatch had closed behind us, locking us inside.
"Where would the book be?" I asked slowly, the door had freaked me out a bit.
"Well, it's not in here. At least not in plain sight." Bella observed.
"What about in there?" Tara asked, pointing to a large statue of a man's head that was sticking out from the chamber's back wall. I recognized it as old Salazar Slytherin.
I shrugged.
"Worth a try I suppose."
"How are we supposed to get across?" Tara asked me, her eyes looking over the large lake of water that surrounded the statue.
"Magic obviously." Bella said rolling her eyes. She waved her wand and a large wooden bridge appeared, leading across the water to the statues mouth.
"Of course! The mouth opens! The serpent from your dads second year must have been guarding the book the whole time!" Tara exclaimed as Bella turned back to us, smirking in satisfaction.
"Is that why Tom Riddle opened the chamber back up in the first place? To find the book?" Dillion asked.
"I bet you that's why." Tara said excitedly. She loved getting new knowledge.
We hurried across the bridge to the mouth of the statue and stood on its lower lip as I said "open" once more in parsel tongue.
The mouth opened and a room appeared inside. As we walked inside the torches on the side lit up, revealing a old, empty, small chamber. There was a large, stone pedestal in the back of the room, tinted green like the whole chamber had been. On it sat a large, filthy, unopened book.
"The Book of All Magic." Tara whispered and I nodded, throat to dry to speak.
We all turned as the mouth shut behind us with a thud of stone. We were now locked in here too. I turned back and Tara nodded to me to get the book.
I stepped forward cautiously, towards the book, then started walking...then running....then..
"Expeliarmous!"
My wand shot from my hand and fell with a clatter to the floor a few feet away from me. I turned in shock to see Bella, her wand out and pointed at me. Dillion and Tara had also been disarmed, but by a different witch and wizard. I only recognized one of them. Bellatrix. Bellatrix Lestrange. That's where I had heard Bella's name before!
"Bella? What?"
Bella cut me off as she laughed a cold hard laugh that sent shivers up and down my spine.
"Silly girl. You ask what! What! I think you know very well what."
My mouth hung open as I remembered what dad had told me in his letter, there was a girl. A young girl! It had been Bella!
"You." I said in shock. My voice just as hard as hers.
Bella cackled. I had never heard Bella cackle before, and it was terrifying.
"Oh Lily...Lily, Lily, Lily," Bella said, fingering her wand as she walked around me smirking," so very surprising you didn't figure it out before."
I just stood there, staring straight ahead. Bella was one of them?
"My real name is not Margret Drandorf, that was a cover name, so I wouldn't be caught by that horrid Professor McGonagall. My real name is Bella Lestrange, and Bellatrix over there just happens to be my mother."
"But.."
"But I'm not the only one. I'm one of the set of twins my mother had, and my other twin, just happens to be right there." Bella pointed to Dillion and he stared at her in open mouthed shock.
"That's right Mister Evens! I'm your little baby sister who 'died' when you were five years old. I didn't die! That was the day you were taken by Professor McGonagall and mind washed so you only thought I had died! Thought you had a sister who died! That's why your adoptive parents won't talk about me, they don't know I exist. Dillion Lestrange."
This was just too much for Dillion to handle.
"Do not call me by that name! I'm Dillion Evens now! I won't be called by that....that hideous name!" He screamed at her. Bellatrix cackled and put her wand closer to Tara's neck, the other wizard did the same to Dillion.
"Don't touch them!" I screamed at them as Tara's face turned white in fear.
Bella smirked at me, still fingering her wand. She flicked it at me and I was instantly tied up in thick ropes. I looked up and Tara and Dillion had both been tied up too.
Bella turned to her mother and grinned.
"Good job honey." Bellatrix said and I resisted the urge to burst out laughing at Bellatrix saying 'honey', it just didn't sound right!
"I'll take it from here."
I gulped, my laughter instantly disappearing. Bellatrix was no good, not at all, she was almost as evil as Voldemort himself. She had been beaten by Mrs. Weasley, as in Ron's mom, a while ago however....how was she back?
"How did you come back?" I asked as Bellatrix walked up to me, sneering.
"Did you really think I died back in the battle of Hogwarts? No no no! I apperated to where I would be safe! I was no person to be beaten by a kitchen cleaning mother!"
"Mrs.Weasley was not just a kitchen cleaning mother! She was better then you ever were." I replied harshly.
Bellatrix smirked and walked around me, watching me with an evil glint in her eyes.
"If you had even a lick of sense in you, you would have realized long ago your friend was betraying you." Bella said, her wand now at Dillion, who was scowling and fidgeting with his ropes. She raised her wand as if to perform a curse on him.
"STOP!"
Bella dropped the wand to her side, turning to me and grinning slyly.
"Value your friends Huh? You should learn to be more careful with your choices. You fell for me didn't you?"
I said nothing, anger brewing inside of me.
"Well, learn to choose wisely, I won't hesitate to hurt even my own brother." To prove her point, Bella raised her wand again, despite my screams of protest, and shouted the word I had been dreading.
"CRUCIO!"
A scream filled the air as streaks of red flew from Bella's wand. I realized it was my own. The curse was lifted and I looked up to see Dillion sitting on the floor and panting.
"YOU FRAUD! YOU WERE OUR FRIEND!" I shouted at Bella as she laughed.
"I was never your real friend Lily Potter, I was just an undercover spy for the Death Eaters. You were right when you said that they would be coming to the castle soon, you were just off by one little fact, we were already here." She twiddled her wand again, turning towards me.
"Your little friend Lauren, by the way, is also here." She flicked her wand and a giant pillar turned around, revealing Lauren who had been gagged and tied up to the pole.
"Lauren!" Tara screamed, her face looking relieved. Lauren spit the gag out and gave a half hearted smile.
"Now, my mother wanted to be the one to finish you off, but I assume you would want Voldemort himself to do the job."
We all turned back to Bella who had walked up to the book and was beginning to flip through pages. I dropped to sit on the floor, my ropes still tied around me, and began to roll to the side slowly.
"Here is the spell, mother." Bella said turning the book so Bellatrix would see.
I rolled faster until I was right over my wand, I picked it up with my hand which was tied behind my back and muttered," Intieviate."
The ropes loosened and I knew the spell had worked.
Bellatrix cackled and hurried up to the book next to her daughter, she raised her wand cleared her voice and...
"Expeliarmous!"
Bellatrix's wand went flying as they both turned around in shock. I stood stock still in a second of silence before Dillion shouted behind me.
"Run!"
I ran, I ran as fast as my legs would take me, shooting random spells over my shoulder at Bella, Bellatrix, and the other wizard who were now scrambling around trying to catch me.
"INTIEVIATE!" I shouted pointing my wand first at Dillion, then at Tara. Both their ropes loosened before falling completely off.
"Yes!" Dillion exclaimed, picking up his own wand from the floor and running after me.
Tara laughed as she picked up her wand and pointed it at the wizard who was still hot on my tail.
"Wingardium Leviosa!"
The wizard levitated a few inches off the ground then all the way to the ceiling.
"You think you can get the best of me?" The wizard cackled," well we'll see about that!"
With that he apperated out. Tara rolled her eyes.
"Coward."
I ran, still casting spells over my shoulder. I leaped up onto the book of spells table and grabbed it, jumping off despite the furious screams of Bellatrix and Bella behind me.
"Don't let her get away!" Bellatrix screamed.
Bella shouted," CRUCIO!"
I dodged it however and continued to run.
"Get Bellatrix!" I screamed at Dillion who had been trying to get Lauren down.
He nodded and turned to face Bellatrix who was grinning at him savagely.
"Hello son."
"I'm not any son of yours."
With that Dillion shouted," Reducto!"
Bellatrix went flying back, but she apperated half way to the ground.
"Where'd you learn that?" I asked as I whizzed past him.
"Lauren!" He shouted after me and I managed a laugh, of course it was Lauren.
Realizing that Bella was the last one here, I spun around and walked toward her, along with Tara and Dillion.
"Crucio!" She exclaimed at Tara who dropped to the floor instantly. Dillion and I both screamed, but Tara held in hers. Bella lifted her wand, dropping the curse, and turned to me.
"Lily Potter," she said slowly and quietly," I was looking forward to using this curse on you."
For a split second I was afraid she was going to use the killing curse, but only really powerful witches and wizards could use that one successfully.
"Crucio!"
I screamed in pain and dropped to the floor. I could hear Dillion in the background yelling his head off.
"Expeliarmous!" I heard him exclaim, before finally, the curse was lifted.
Bella stared at him with a cold, hard glare.
"Want to fight your own twin? Do you brother?"
Dillion shook his head, but more angrily then actually saying no.
"Well, sorry to say but that won't be the case today, But I'll be back."
With that Bella picked up her wand, and apperated.
"She doesn't even have her license." Dillion mumbled.
I laughed.
Tara had fallen unconscious on the floor next to me, and I could feel the darkness creeping in on me also, but I continued to laugh as Dillion carefully let Lauren down. She walked over to me and sat down, as did Dillion. I rested my head on his shoulder, and as they talked quietly about getting out of here, I fell asleep.