Chapter 15

Thank you for all the support! Especially the votes and most of all the COMMENTS!!

I was sick today so I decided to write. I hope you love this chapter because I really liked writing it!! Please don't kill me for this (especially Alex because the weirdo from art class is using this chapter as revenge for that comment;))

SO HERE IS CHAPTER 15. PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!!

LET'S GET TO 10K:)

My dreams that night are troubled to say the least. I toss,turn and thrash like an uncontrollable beast. Vivid dreams of Ana, cowering over in fear as the President approaches cause a sweat to break on my brow. My distress only worsens as images of Grayson looking forlorn enter my mind. My guilt swells.

And then thats it for the rest of the night. I cannot get Grayson out of my mind. Not once does he leave as I'm tortured with his rugged, pained face. I groan into the pillow. I need to toughen up because I should be able to survive more than 24 hours without him. It is not as if I love him or anything?

The edge of reason. Could that describe my feelings aptly enough?

I've lost all of the little perspective I was clinging to. My sister's match is not the one I should be fearing, it is in fact said match's grandfather. How could I have not seen this earlier? I recall my preceding meetings with President Mangold. Nothing about our first encounter revealed anything that would lead up to the set of events. But then again, his blank face is stragetically set in a rigid and tight expression to prevent anything from being exposed.

I'm suddenly terrified to leave the room. Not with the knowledge that the meglomanic and barbarous President takes resident in the same house that I am currently in. Though even the same dwelling is too close for comfort. But that thought confuses me. When I believed the one at fault to be Ollie, it didn't have nearly the same effect. Perhaps, I always knew that something didn't quite add up.

The more distressing thought though, is that I didn't consider Ollie's threat because of something else. Because Mangold is in a league of his own.

A banging on the door, prickles at my skin.

"Excuse me Miss Ana, Mr Knatt is waiting for you at breakfast. It is 8 am." A woman's voice says through the door and I sigh with relief. Its not President Mangold come to...I don't even want to know.

"I'm coming." I reply. Will the President be there?

"I shall wait outside the door to accompany you." The voice responds.

"That won't be necessary but thank you." I call back, scrambling around the room to try and find my clothes from yesterday. The chair on which my jacket and jeans had be lying, now has a pile of freshly ironed and folded garments.

"Miss, it is my duty to escort and protect you." The woman replies. I retain my scoff. She failed in that mission.

I dress quickly and use the comb to brush through my tangles.