Chapter Three-The New Bloodline-Part two

Thora Carnavan feeds on Benjamin; and The Smith's  UK cult song 'Asleep' , (from around 1985), right in the media section.

It is the next song in the 'Vampires of Mist Gate Modern Tales' soundtrack.

Warning: It is rated PG-13 for horror images.

You must be 13 years and over to see and hear it.

B/W.

***

The Hunter hated the darkness.

He felt the sudden coldness.

In the middle of the room, which was sparse, was full of lamps. But they weren't ordinary lamps; they were vampiric.

***

The shadows loomed in the room; the elongated fingers of the vampires caused the Hunter to take out his stakes...and hammers.

***

Then, to his annoyance, there was a tapping sound.

"GO AWAY!", he yelled.

And  he opened the door, then saw another maid...

...And let her clean the sheets of the double bed...

...And he put the items away before she could scream.

***

Being dead was like anything Benjamin wanted.

He wouldn't rise for three nights...

...Just like what happened to Lord Simon Carnavan did way back in 1822...when, as a 12 year old, he was bitten by his future wife, Lady Gemma Carnavan's evil sister...on the cold steps of Mist Gate Castle...near the demonic statue that protected the sacred garden.

***

Eloise stared at the Hunter.

"Wot do you like, guv?", she asked.

"Nothing. But if you must clean, do so. And I won't complain. Besides, I shall decide if I want to keep this room".

"But it's your room, guv".

The Hunter stopped staring at the bloody windows.

"The night isn't safe, Eloise".

She bowed.

"The Vampires of Mist Gate taint the country o' England. An' I know what yer say. Besides, my bloodline is taken all the way back ter 1822".

The Hunter kissed her.

"I won't deal with problems of a genuine feeling of horror. Since 1626, when Lord Harold Carnavan, was staked by Gilles...there's fewer and fewer hunters these days. Vampires...and Vampire hunting go hand-in-hand".

"But not now".

"Sadly, no. There's a sign of villagers attending Church on Sundays. Sometimes...when the blood gushed there...there's not a sense of dread inside their dark souls; sometimes, there's not a sense of pride in hunting...unless you're Matthew Hopkins, the Witch Hunter.  Of course, belief in witches is on the Internet...with paranormal groups...

..."And movies like 'Paranormal Activity'...And 'The Blair Witch Project'...Are cheap, independent horror movies on video...And won't cost the earth to make...Getting real horror of vampires is difficult after the 'Twilight' debacles".

"No glowing Vampries, guv".

"The Vampire has many names. It is spelled with a 'Y', as in 'The Vampyre', by Dr Polidoiri. That was in 1919; or Bram Stoker's 'Dracula', in 1897, and it's sequel, 'Dracula's Guest And Other Weird Stories', 1914, by Stoker. And we begin again with Hammer's 'Horror of Dracula', with Sir Christopher Lee, and Peter Cushing as Professor Hellsing. And so on...with millions other sequels in England...And America...

..."Vampires can...and do...live in the light. But rarely. Movies like 'Near Dark', 1987, deal with the Western Vampires...who shoot people...then bite them. But there's no Clint Eastwood; there's just...blood".

***

And he peered at the light outside...

...And noticed shadows that were unnatural in the Mist Gate Cemetery of Samhain.

***

Roger Balaign sipped his English Tea.

"For the life of me...There's no shadows", he told Betty, his wife, 25.

"Dear, there's...shadows by the Inns".

"The Inns are...dead".

"But there's no trouble...for so long".

"Yes, I know. And, for the life of me, there's no inherent. My God! A light is shining by the cemetery! Don't gaze at it, dear!".

And she covered her robe...and prayed to God for the Hunter to kill the Undead.

***

Page 4.