Chapter Two- A new friend

Narrator POV

The rest of the girls followed behind Annabelle, some more cautious then others. As they made it to the door Shannon let out a huge scream.

They all turn around to find that the man lying 'dead' at the door has just grabbed Shannon's ankle. Kayla comes to help but a beam of light shoots from her hands and hits the man in the chest.

His body jerks and slides all the way to the other side of the room in a split second. Everyone looks shocked, even Kayla.

"What was that?" Asks Dawn in shock.

"I have no idea, but this isn't a philosophy class and we definitely don't have the time to figure out what I just did, so let's get a move on" answers Kayla.

She turns around and walks out of the door.

"Rest in peace Quintus," Jess whispers.

"How do you know his name?" Asks Dawn.

"He had a name tag, Quintus Darkmore was his full name" replies Jess

Kayla, the girl leading the rest stops abruptly, she can hear whispers down the long white corridor, she gestures to stop and the others catch on. Chloe opens a door to the left slowly, peeping inside and then signals for the others to come in.

It's a Janitors closet, quite small and condense but just enough all of them, and a boy.

As soon as Chloe sees the boy she approaches him with a pocket knife in her hand, she had probably found it in the lab they were in. With the knife to his throat she asks.

"Who the hell are you and what the hell are you doing?"

"I'm Blake, and I swear I'm innocent, I can see by the hospital clothes that you are test subjects as well, you girls are lucky because you have each other. I had to escape on my own." He said so quickly that the girls could just make it out.

"So what are you saying? Or are you just pleading for us not to kill you?" Asks Chloe.

"I haven't made my self clear, have I? I want to break out of here with you girls, I can't do it on my own." Blake says with a charming smile as he says the word 'girls'.

"And how will you help us? How do we know you are not just a pretty face?" Asks Kayla as she steps forward.

"You think I'm pretty" Blake says with a wink.

"Yeah, we all do, just look at Dawn's face. She obviously wants to get some of that". Says Kayla gesturing to Blake's body. Everyone bursts out laughing, and Dawns face goes tomato red. But after being reminded by Shannon that we have something, no, someone to deal with, everyone focuses again.

"So once again, how will you help us?" Annabelle asks.

"Well, I have a map." He says hold a pamphlet out in front of him. It reads 'Darkmore laboratories, the newbies guide'.

Chloe grabs it and passes it to Shannon, keeping the knife to his throat.

"Bet you are wondering how I got that, well let's just say one of the lab assistant took a liking for me, I have been hiding in here for about six days and she has been coming and giving me food and water." He says with a smirk.

"Looks like having a good face gets you further than what we thought" says Kayla.

"Are we going to get out of here or just fluff around?" Annabelle asks.

"Let's get out of here" Shannon says and we all approve.

"Where do we have to go?" Asks Dawn.

"Well we are in cleaning room 13" Shannon says while looking at the room name. "So we'll have to take a left at the end of the corridor, take the first right, go down a flight of stairs then, go straight ahead and sprint for our freedom.

"Sounds easy but how will we get there without getting noticed?" Asks Jess.

"Wait, wait, wait. You girls want to do this secretly. No way, you should go kick some ass for what they did to you!" Says Blake in a fierce voice.

"What exactly did they do to us?" Chloe asks while lowering the knife.

"They turned you in Supernatural creatures" Blake replies slowly, as if he thought they already knew.

"You're joking" Dawn said in shock. Blake just shook his head with his lips squeezed together as if saying 'nope'.

"That's why my teeth are sharp" said Jess.

"That's why light shot out of my hand, and killed Quintus." Said Kayla.

"Is that the 'favour' he did for us?" Asked Shannon. "Does he consider that a favour?"

Annabelle slid down the wall, "I have two weird lumps on my back, maybe it was just an allergic reaction, I am allergic to nuts. Or maybe it's something to do with this supernatural stuff"

"Guys we have to get out of here, we will sort this out later." Said Chloe.

"Follow me" said Kayla.

Blake grabbed her and pulled her away from the door "listen, we can't go out there without an agreement. Do whatever you have to in order to get us out of here. Anything" he said in a firm voice. We all nodded in agreement and stormed out of Cleaning room 13.