Chapter 23

Sasuke hesitantly stepped into the house. As soon as Naruto closed the door, he cornered him. With a grunt, he pinned the blonde to the door, his forearm keeping the other teen's chest in place.

"Alright dobe. What the hell did she say?" With a noticeable gulp, Naruto turned away, choosing to stay silent for the time being.

Letting out a small growl, Sasuke pushed up against Naruto, nearly shoving him through the door. "What the hell happened that got you so upset?"

Gulping, Naruto finally replied. "Do you have to be so violent all the time?" Seeing the raven's unamused face, he continued meekly. "She uh, told me that I wasn't allowed to do anything about the guy hunting me down."

Raising an elegant eyebrow, Sasuke loosened his hold, allowing Naruto to take a deep breath.

"That's to be expected. Why are you acting so weird if that's all it was?" It was a subtle accusation, and it made the blonde sweat nervously. "You aren't gonna like it."

Narrowing his eyes, Sasuke responded with, "Try me."

"She wants us to sleep in the same room until everything has settled down."

"Yea, ok. What's the problem? We've slept in the same bed before on missions." Naruto didn't say anything, instead choosing to stare at the floor. The raven's eyes widened in realization, before narrowing in hurt.

"So that's what this is about." Abruptly, the force keeping Naruto pinned to the door let go, leaving the blonde to lean against the slab of wood and briefly collect his thoughts.

"I get it. You're upset about the kiss." Hissing, Sasuke whirled around, calling over his shoulder, "Don't worry Naruto. I'll sleep on the floor. It won't ever happen again."

Shocked, Naruto tried to call out to him. "Sasuke wai-" Before he could finish his sentence, the sound of a door slamming closed reached his ears.

Frowning, the teen quickly ran up to Sasuke's bedroom door. "Sasuke wait up! Stop being such a bastard!" Naruto tried at the handle, nearly rolling his eyes when he found it was locked.

"Teme." He murmured. Adopting a determined face, Naruto took a few steps back before ramming his foot into the door.

To his delight, the entire thing was blasted off its hinges, landing on the floor with a thud. A shocked Sasuke was standing in the middle of the room.

With one glance at Naruto the shocked face was replaced by a furious one. "Naruto what the hell? You just destroyed my door!" The blonde ignored him.

Naruto was mad. His thoughts were angrily ranting at the Uchiha. Bastard. And you call me the stupid one? You're the one who decided to run off before I get the chance to say anything at all.

Naruto growled. "You won't be needing it, right? After all, you'll be sleeping in my room from now on." Sasuke glared at him, eyes boring holes into his. "What the hell do you want from me Naruto?"

The blonde threw his hands up in anger. "For you to talk to me!" Sasuke stepped forward, crossing his arms with a huff. "There's nothing to talk about."

"Yes, there is! You just don't want to admit it like the emotionally stunted bastard you are!" Sasuke opened his mouth to respond, but before he could, Naruto blurted out, "Why did you kiss me that night?"

The raven stubbornly looked away. "Drop it Naruto." Naruto scowled. "No!" He stared Sasuke in the eye. "What do you want me to say?" Sasuke asked, taking a step towards Naruto. "That it was a mistake?"

Naruto gulped at their proximity. "I-" Sasuke took another step forward, bringing his face up to Naruto's. He sneered at ocean blue eyes. "Because it wasn't Naruto."