Part 5

Dizzy and weak, Hanji continued down the hall. Levi was already in the infirmary waiting with Nanaba, waiting for Hanji to finally make it down there. He stood anxiously, hoping his fiancee would be able to make it okay. Tapping his fingers on a wall nervously, Levi breathed slowly, doing his best not to panic. With all the years and experience fighting titans and protecting humanity, he had never been so worrisome over anything. Hanji sighed and brushed her fingers through her hair, keeping her other hand against the wall for support still. She found the light at the end of the hallway, signifying that she had reached the infirmary after what felt like a never-ending walk. Stumbling in, Levi caught her in his arms and helped her to a bed. Nanaba approached her wearily, and talked to her in a gentle voice.

"Now, this may not be very easy and it can be very painful from what I've heard. But I know you're strong enough to do this. I have faith in you." The blonde smiled at her friend and gripped her hand. Levi looked down at Hanji and could see the pain in her eyes. He turned his head and walked towards the door.

"Let me know when it's over. I can't stay in here while she is looking at me like that." And with that, he left the two women in the infirmary, awaiting the new child to be born. 

Several hours later after Hanji was groaning in pain, there was the sound of high-pitched crying. Levi realized his soon-to-be-wife had stopped yelling in pain, so he figured it was best to go check on her. As he entered the room, he saw Hanji looking down into a towel. Quietly, he stepped over to her side, putting a hand on her shoulder gently. 

"She's beautiful, Levi." Hanji's voice was hoarse and cracking. A tear began to roll from her eye, and Levi wiped it away with his thumb.

"She has your nose," he said, poking at the child's nose lightly.

"And your eyes," she spoke in a whisper, glancing up at Levi. He smirked and hugged Hanji close to his body carefully.  "She's our child for sure."

"Have you thought of what to name her?" Levi paused for a moment, "The name is honestly up to you, as long as it's not Sony or Bean."

"It's neither!" She laughed lightly, "I was thinking Lilith. It's French," Hanji smiled and stroked the babies head lovingly. 

"Lilith," Levi repeated, thoughtfully looking at the baby in Hanji's arms. "Lilith it is then."

Opening her eyes, Hanji realized she had fallen asleep. She looked out the window and noticed the sun was coming up; she was back in Levi's bed again.  "How on Earth did I get here?" she spoke out loud to herself.

"If you're not quiet, you'll wake this little brat, too." Levi glared at her, holding the baby tightly in a blanket in his arms. She chuckled slightly to herself before pushing the hair off her forehead. She could feel the sweat that drenched her face and she cringed. 

"Hey shorty, how did you manage to carry me and the baby back to the room? I didn't think you'd touch me when I'm sweaty and 'unclean'," she emphasized "unclean" knowing her lover was disgusted by dirty things. 

"I carried the baby. I had Erwin bring you back. Did you really think I'd carry you when you smell worse than the stables?" he made a face and shook his head. " You really need a shower. Though it looks like you'll be taking it by yourself this time," Levi said as he looked back down at the sleeping baby. Hanji sighed with disappointment and stood up slowly. 

"You know I can hardly wash my hair properly alone," she mumbled with a pouting face. 

"You know damn well Shitty-glasses that I would take a bath with you if I could. With the new baby here, I can't." Levi spoke quietly, trying not to wake the child. Hanji ruffled his hair and kissed his head before heading off to take a bath, grabbing a towel on her way. 

Life never takes the turns you'd expect it to, something that Hanji realized over the past year with everything that has happened to her. Never would she have imagined being with Levi. Having a child. And now, getting married. Walking down an aisle of standing survey corps members, arm in arm with Erwin, she stepped carefully, doing her best not to fall. Her gown was way longer than what she expected it to be, dragging the floor like a white water spring. Clumsy as usual, she stumbled a bit: she had become very thankful to have Erwin there to keep her from completely falling flat on her face. Levi rolled his eyes impatiently, but couldn't keep the smirk off his face. He was honestly happy to see Hanji looking as she did. She sure did clean up nice after all. No words were there to describe the gorgeous woman standing in front of him. She was absolutely flawless for the first time in her life with her hair pulled into a tight bun neatly, pins securing the extra hair back and a white ribbon tied into a bow around it. Her lovely gown covered in lace and silk. It was special for anyone to have something so luxurious. But Hanji and Levi were special. And their relationship always would be. It would be the start of a new hope. And a new revolution of desires within the Scouting Legion. 

//Authors Note:

Alright guys. So I know this probably isn't at all what you wanted or expected for an ending. This took WAY too long for me to write. Almost a year now I think? Over a year now? I'm not even sure. I just haven't had time to write anymore being in high school, working on cosplays, dealing with personal business. I'm very sorry. This will probably be a big disappointment of an update and of an ending. But honestly, I have such a hard time writing this ship now. I don't ship it like I used to. I'm sorry guys, I really am. I'm so thankful for each and every one of you who stuck with me through each update and the horrible wait in between each. There are 23.3k readers as of now. That is something I did not imagine happening when I started writing. I was writing this for fun to start, and I never thought it would get popular! Seeing the wonderful feedback and comments I would get though were so lovely. I couldn't be more thankful for all of you. I feel bad for not writing as much as I should have or as often and I apologize for losing interest so easily. I hope you all enjoyed this writing though! It was a lot of fun to write! <3 It means so much. I'll get to writing more when I can. Probably some other Attack on Titan ships such as JeanMarco, YumiKuri, Ereri, whatever I feel like I guess! Thanks again! ~Ember