Part 3

"Levi..." Hanji whispered to Levi as he sat at his desk organizing papers. "Oi! Levi!" She said again, this time poking his face and making him jump from the sudden contact. "Levi." she whined, laying herself on top of the papers. .
"What is it Squad Leader?" he replied with a sigh.
"Come catch a Titan with me!!" Hanji clasped her hands together and started at Levi with intent determination.
"Tch, hell no. I've got better things to do than play with you and your stupid titans." He grunted before gently lifting her off of her desk and setting her into a chair next to his. She leaned over and grabbed onto his arm.
"Please Levi!" She bat her eyelashes in an attempt to look cute. Levi merely glared at her before kissing her soft lips.
"Sorry, but no. Maybe another day four-eyes"
"You promise?!" she smiled, a light blush across her face from the sudden kiss.
"Yes, I promise. Now leave me alone would you?" he sighed and went back to organizing. Hanji stood and saluted him.
"Yes sir! I shall be good and patient!" she giggled and kissed his head before finding one of the books she had previously read at least six times already. Hanji lied on the bed and hummed a soft tune while reading, kicking her feet like a young child.

Several hours had past yet Hanji continued to read. She was so much into the book she was reading that she hadn't ever noticed that Levi had left the room twice and come to lay next to her, stroking her head lightly.
"Oh! Levi! How long have you been here?" she closed the book and looked up at him.
"For a while you idiot. Never even noticed me did you?" he cocked an eyebrow at her with a slight smirk.
"Ah no not really..." she laughed and rubbed the back of her head. Levi took her hand and pushed her onto her back on the bed, holding onto her wrists. He kissed her passionately, receiving a slight moan in return. He stopped for only a moment to grin at the sound before locking his lips to hers once again. He began to plant gentle kisses down her jaw and throat, reaching her collarbone. Levi licked the area above the bone before nibbling carefully at her skin.
"L-Levi..." she whispered, unable to move under the pressure of the small man above her. He sat back, glancing quickly at the hickey that he had just made on the woman.
"What is it shit-face?" he moved a strand of hair from her reddened face.
"I...I think I want a family Levi. I want-" she was cut off suddenly by Levi who pressed a hand over her mouth.
"You know that's not possible Hanji. You know we can't do that. Not as long as there are titans out there and we are a part of the Scouting Legion." He growled at her. Hanji had tears forming in her eyes.
"Look I know it's stupid and selfish but I want it more than anything Levi! please!" She pleaded, the tears streaming down her face.
"Damn it, Hanji! You can find a different man to give you that because as of right now I won't. I will not do that, Squad Leader."
"I don't want it unless I can have a family with you! What's the point if it means not spending the rest of my life raising children with the man I love?" She was yelling now, clinging onto the sleeve of his shirt. Levi kissed her again, allowing the sensation to completely fill his mind.

A few weeks had passed and Hanji never spoke of having a child again. For the first week she was sick and was not allowed to leave her room. Levi stayed to care for her, but she was soon better. She continued with her titan research and things were normal. As normal as things could be for the Scounting Legion that is.
Levi sat with Hanji in his room while the two ate dinner alone like usual. Hanji was poking at her food showing no interest in eating.
"Oi! Shitty-glasses stop playing with your food and eat it before it gets cold." He pushed the bowl closer to her. Hanji stuck out her tongue and dropped the spoon into the soup.
"Just the thought of eating it makes me queazy. It's disgusting! No way can I eat it..." She felt something in her belly and put a hand on her stomach quickly.
"Tch. Whatever four-eyes. Starve if that's what you are wanting to do. Don't come crying to me when you're hungry and don't have anything to eat though." He glanced at her while taking a drink of his water. "Seriously though, what's wrong? You've been holding your stomache a lot lately..." She quickly pulled her hand away and put her hands to her sides.
"It's..uh.nothing. I'm fine really!" she smiled lightly. 
"What, do you have to take a shit or something?"
"No, I'm okay. I promise." Hanji leaned forward and kissed him gently. "See? Completely fine!" She could feel the tears forming in her eyes. "Hey..Levi..I think...I.." silently she was crying, the tears now streaming down her face. Levi's cup slipped from his hand and shattered on the floor.
"Damnit.. What's the matter Hanji? Stop crying would you..." he stood to grab a mop for the liquid and a broom for the shards of glass. 
"Levi I think I'm p-" She was cut off quickly by him kissing her.
"I know Hanji. I've known since the first day you were sick." He cleaned up the mess on the floor and went to Hanji's shaking body, wrapping and arm around her shoulder.
"What am I going to do? You said you didn't want a family.."
"I never said I didn't want a family. Just not while we still have to fight the titans. But there is no going back now shit-face. I'll tell Erwin later. Make sure you can rest and raise a child rather than be forced into fighting."
"But Levi, I'll be fine! I can still help out, I can't just stop on my studies! The Survey Corps needs me..I can't just back down because of a baby!"
"No Hanji! You are not to do anything that could cause harm to the other life inside of you! You aren't just Hanji now! You are more than half of our family combined into yourself. I'm not losing the two people who mean the most to me. No more titans for you." Levi took a deep breath and leaned into Hanji's shoulder. He wiped away her tears and held her chin to make her face him. "I love you Squad Leader. I will make sure this world becomes a safe place for me to keep my child..." he paused and smirked at her, "and my wife." 
"W-wife!! Levi, I didn't know that we had plans on getting..." she glanced around and lowered her voice as if it was a word that was illegal to say, "getting married." Hanji looked into his eyes, hopefully and happy.
"If we are to raise a child, I would like for you to be my wife. If you do not wish for that, then fine by me. I've always hated the idea of marrige anywa-" 
"OF COURSE I WANT TO BE YOUR WIFE!" She hugged him, causing him to fall over onto the floor. She nuzzled into his neck and kissed it gently. He pushed her up and placed his hands on her stomach.
"Be careful why don't you! It's our child that you have to be careful of as well now." He smiled softy at her and she nodded. "I'll go find you some different food. Something you might like a little more. No jumping around too much. We can think of some names when I get back." Levi took the tray of food to return it to the dining hall. He walked slowly, not looking forward to telling Erwin of the news. 

"There is no possible way that could ever happen!" Erwin slammed his hands onto his desk. Levi sighed and glared at his Commander.
"Look it's just until the baby is born and old enough for us to leave in someone else's care for a while."
"And how long will that be exactly?! 8, maybe 9 months! We cannot go that long without her help! She is crucial to our survival! Just because you fucked around with her and got her pregnant doesn't mean that she can just sit around now! You know the rules Levi. If she plans on keeping that child, she has to continue with her work until it's to the point in which she is no longer of any help to us due to her condition. In that case, she will rest and we will have someone watch over her."
"I will stay and watch her. She is to be my wife and bear my child, I'm not leaving her side! What if-"
"No Levi. You are to continue with us. You are not the one with the child. Losing two of our most important soldiers for some time could allow for far too many casualties among the corps. You will stay with us. Not her. Am I clear, Corpral?" Levi saluted to his commanding officer.
"Yes sir." Levi turned to leave, but stood at the door for a moment, "But if we lose that child or her own life due to her working, I put all the blame on you." And with that, Levi left the room, slamming the door behind him.