Anna.

"So what brings an Englishman like you to Amsterdam?" she asked while they were heading to the Copy shop.

"Well, I've been here a couple of times and don't know why but I've always liked it here. People are nice and grounded and you can walk around without people paying attention to you" he said.

"I know right, in the town where I grew up in, you always run into someone or people stare at you when you're having lunch by yourself. Sometimes it's just nice to be anonymous" she said.

The British boy laughed and stared to the ground when he quietly said "You have no idea".

There's something about him, she thought, she didn't know what it was but she couldn't stop staring at him. Maybe he just has a nice face, a really nice face she noticed as she took a closer look. He wasn't very tall, just a bit taller than her and even though he was covered in a grey beanie and was wearing glasses, she could tell he was really handsome. And like every other Dutch girl she had a thing for an English accent. He had a raspy sweet voice that sounded really sexy and somehow a bit familiar. But she was not here to flirt with this guy who obviously already had enough on his plate today, so she shook off the thought.

When they arrived at the copy shop the boy asked "if it isn't much trouble, could you maybe help me printing? I don't know any Dutch and assume all the computers are in Dutch. If you're busy I understand,  but...".

"It's okay" she said, "I have time, so no problem".

As she waited for the boy to sign the paper and pay for the print, she stared at him again. It's okay to just look right? She thought. She knew that in a few minutes they would say goodbye and she'd probably never see him again, so she better use this time well by taking in how interesting this boy seemed to her.

As they walked out the boy said: "Thank you so much, for the coffee and this" holding up the paper. "It was way too nice of you".

"No thanks" she replied, "it was nothing". They stood there for a few seconds in an awkward silence, waiting to come up with a proper goodbye.

Just when she was about say that she was heading home the boy said: "if you're not too busy and aren't sick of me yet, how about I buy you a drink to repay for the coffee. I know it's early but I've never been good at playing by the rules and I'm really in the mood for a drink. No pressure though."

Anna was surprised and didn't know what to say, she always said she loved spontaneous things, but to have a drink with a total stranger when it wasn't even noon yet, made her nervous. Not because she was scared of him, or because of the drinking, no because she kind of liked him and she'd never been good at going on dates. Not that this was a date of course, he was just thanking her by buying her a drink. God why does she always have to make things so complicated.

"You can just say no if you don't want to" the boy said with a smile. She was probably taking way too much time to answer.

"Actually I would like that very much, I could really use a drink as well" she finally said.

"All right!" he smiled. "I saw a proper looking pub around the corner of where I'm staying, maybe we could go there? He asked.

"Sure!" she said and they both walked into the direction of the pub. While Anna wondered how she went from feeling bored and frustrated about work to having a drink with a total stranger. A really good looking stranger.