Putty In Your Hands

Ryan walked along the sidewalk on the outside of college campus with Ray close behind. Ray was looking intently around the smallish town.

"You enjoying the view?" Ryan snickered to himself.

"Kinda I guess. I'm from New York. It's just nice to see the sky and breath actual air you know?" Ray said. Ryan nodded and kept walking.

It was only about 5 minutes when the two approached an old fashioned looking pizza shop called Jerry's Pizza.

"Here we are! My sweet little get away!" Ryan smiled throwing his hands up towards the sky.

"Sweet! Let's go! I'm starved!" Ray cheered running inside quickly. Ryan followed laughing at the younger man's enthusiasm.

Ryan and Ray took a seat at the small corner booth at the back of the shop. Shortly after a young woman took their orders and then went back to the kitchen.

"So, you excited for the whole college thing?" Ryan asked.

"Well I won't lie. I'm super nervous. I'm no where near intelligent so I'm worried about failing. I'm also not a people person. In fact, if you didn't have so many video game posters in our dorm I probably would've had to burn all mine," Ray laughed nervously.

"You definitely look nervous. Just chill out kid. Nobody's gonna bite you. I mean except our neighbor Steven. He's a little wonky. Seriously though, best strategy is just to be chill about everything," Ryan laughed.

Ray nodded and smiled as he seen their pizza coming over. Once the waitress had sat the pizza on the table both boys had already grabbed a slice. The woman laughed and continued her job.

"So, what's your whole story Mr. Ray?" Ryan asked while eating his pizza.

Ray laughed and answered, "Well I was the dweeb that everyone hated in school. Literally nobody knew my name. They just called me Brown Man. It was slightly racist." Ryan began laughing, but Ray continued with only small giggles, "Anyways I met this guy named Michael on Xbox and despite that he was in Jersey we still lived nearby one another, so we became best friends. He tutored me in Maths all my years. Kinda of embarrassing now that I look back on it now."

Ryan took another bite of his pizza, "So where's Michael now?"

"At a bigger college way out of my league. It's not a big deal though. The guy is totally into his British roommate," Ray giggled.

"Are they actually dating?" Ryan asked.

"Dunno, but Michael has been openly gay for a while now so it wouldn't surprise me."

"And your sexuality?"

Ray blushed and looked to the ground. The memories flowing through his head.

Ray. That isn't how it works. Sorry buddy.

All those nights crying. Boy how Ray would love to forget those shit memories.

A small tear slipped from Ray's eye and he rapidly wiped it away. Ryan jumped a little from the harsh reaction and stuttered out an apology. Ray simply laughed.

"You're fine Ryan. Just bad memories is all. I suppose I am gay. Maybe bi. I don't really have any experience with anyone. No one cares about me dude," Ray sighed.

"It's not very right to talk of yourself like that. Take pride in yourself. If you don't people will walk over you. Try to be at least a little happy. I'll step up and be your next friend. What do ya say?" Ryan smiled.

Ray smiled back. Damn Ryan I'm like putty in your hands. It's only been like five hours and I'm pretty sure I already love you dude. "Sure. YOLO right?"

The two boys laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Sorry I've been gone. :D