Chapter 27

(Recap)

“You want to know?”

"Tatiana no. It's naut our place."

"Fine, I won’t." She said dusting off her butt and straightening up.

"What the hell? I'm sick and tired of this bull. Either one of you tell me what's going on or I'm going to find out on my own."

"You want to know what's going on?"

"No Tatiana."

"Connor I will not over step my boundaries." They had a staring competition and then he nodded.

"I'll be up stairs." She nodded her head and once Connor was out of sight she turned towards me.

"Come with me." Then she turned around and started walking, without even checking to see if I was following.

Well I did want answers…

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 27

Tatiana led me to her bike, ya that’s right her motorcycle. Which was parked under a tree well hidden from everyone.

“Here put this on.” She handed me a helmet and I hesitantly put it on, not really knowing what I was getting myself into.

I just stood there next to the bike while I watched how effortlessly Tatiana got on and started the bike up with a roar. I seriously was having second thoughts about this. Getting onto a motorcycle with a woman I met only once and not just that I wasn’t even sure if she was human, in fact I didn’t really know what species she belonged to. I mean, I just saw her stab a freaking smoke blade into a ghost and send it into another without even touching it. Maybe I should just go home and pretend like none of this ever happened.

“Why are you just standing there? Do you still want answers?” As much as I didn’t want to go with her, I really did need to know what was going on, what was happening to me.

So I took that first step and got on the back of the bike. I wasn’t even properly on it when she started to drive.

We drove for a while out of the strange town and into more familiar territory. Soon we were back in my small town, maybe she’s going to take me back home.

Just as I began thinking that she had tricked me, we turned away from the suburbs where my house was, so we weren’t going back to my house, we were heading to the meadow in the mountains.

It was the place that I had last taken pictures, and the place where I had first gotten the call about my mom being taken to hospital. It was also the first place I had seen Ethan outside of school.

“How do you know about this place?”

“Ethan told me about it. He said this was the place where he had officially met you. “