Part 25

***My Perspective***

I wandered around this tiny room that they kept me in. It was a lot better than just some cell, because at least here I had some peace and quiet. I hadn’t done anything wrong for at least 12 hours. I know because I had been counting to myself. I had nothing else to do.

There was a loud knocking on the iron door and then it opened. I stood in the middle of the room, not backing away for once. I wasn’t scared anymore. Jovan took a couple steps inside the room, not being that far in. “You haven’t given us any trouble for about fourteen hours.”

I stared at him, giving him a blank expression.

“That’s a record for you.” He smiled at me, but it wasn’t an evil smile, it was a calm smile. I still stared at him, giving him a blank expression. “Look, I personally feel like you deserve a small reward for being good to us. I’ve decided to let you go outside for once.”

My eyes widened. There’s no way that those words are coming out of his mouth. “What?” I questioned.

“We, me and my men, have decided to give you a tiny bit of fresh air. You need positive reinforcement if you’re ever going to get any better at being our slave.”

The last part of his sentence was insulting, but I can’t believe he was letting me out.

“I have one of my men coming in here with a couple articles of clothing for you. You look like trash, so if you’re going to go outside, you need to at least look decent. Do you understand?”

I nodded softly. I swallowed hard, trying to take in what’s going on right now. It shouldn’t have been this startling to me, but it was. After everything that these men have put me through in the past couple of weeks, they’re actually letting me go outside as a “reward.” I didn’t think I could be rewarded being in this position, especially after all the shit that I’ll admit I did.

Jovan walked out of the room, leaving the door open. I stood there in the middle of the room, and looked over at the small window at the top of the wall straight across from the door. I could see sunlight outside, which symbolized something, I just couldn’t figure out what.

I turned around when a shorter muscular man came in with a bag. He looked total American, but more importantly he looked harmless, and I feel like I knew him from somewhere, then it clicked. It was Evan Bourne.

“Evan?” I asked him.

His expression changed. “How do you—who are—how…” He stopped. His expression changed and he dropped the bag of the clothes on the floor.

“Evan don’t worry, you don’t personally know me. I know who you are though.” I calmed my voice down a bit; I didn’t want to scare away someone hat I actually knew a little bit about. “You were in the WWE. I know because I used to watch it when I was a teenager, and I KNOW you were in it because I used to think you were cute.” I looked down at the ground, and I thought about my past.

“‘Was’ is definitely the right word.” I looked up at him as I watched him bend over and pick up the bag off the ground. “I heard you’re going out for a walk.”

I nodded.

“Would you mind if I accompanied you?”

I shook my head. “You can come with me. But first I need those clothes.” I smiled at him, and he returned half of the smile. He handed me the bag and he walked out of the room. “I’ll let them know that I’ll be watching over you outside,” and after that he was gone down the hallway.

I looked inside and there was a dull purple hoodie for me, and there was a non-damaged pair of jeans for me to wear. I quickly changed into them, and walked out of my room.