Welcome To Russia

Rose: Here I was in the same nightmare, tossing and turning as the fangs slipped into her perfect porcelain like neck.

Up until this day I thought she was a doll that couldn't be broken.

We were suppose to protect her, but we failed. We both failed. And now I have to live with it. Only me. And I see them. Sometimes when I want to, other times when I loose control. I hate seeing them. Their sad expressions, their empty eyes its all painful.

As my dreams start to swirl around I'm touched by a lady. She was a air attendant who seemed to only speak Russian. But I understood enough, she wanted me to buckle up for the landing.

Traveling had always been mine and Lissa's dream. Never did I think I would be traveling to Russia for a reassignment. But here I was. All those dome like buildings over head. A new language going through me. I was here. Ready for action as I got off the packed plane.

Dimitri: I sat up and let out a string of curses. I was late. I threw on some clothes and rushed out of the door, grabbing my keys as I went. I made it to the airport with five minutes to spare and had to search frantically for a pen. I scribbled the new guardians name into my board and held it up, leaning back against a wall. I didn't even want a new guardian...but my parents had been so adamant I get one.

Rose: This was my first post since graduation. My first ward. All I knew about him was his name Dimitri Belikov. And that he spoke English.

You see Lissa and Mason died back around Christmas. We all probably should have died with me. Me, Lissa, Christian,Mason and Eddie.

After it was all over Christian went with his aunt and me and Eddie were given each a Molnija mark. There to remind us we failed. I know I shouldn't see it like that, but I do.

As I stood there in thought I saw a man waving a crappy sign. " Could he not have used a magic marker?" I muttered .

Dimitri: I noticed a girl walking towards me and scowling at my sign. I held out my hand.

"I'm Dimitri Belikov," I told her. She arched an eyebrow.

"Nice sign," she said, glancing at the sign. I flushed and gave her a sheepish smile.

"I slept in," I admitted.

Rose: " I was told you hated sunlight." I looked up at the tall man, he had to be pushing seven foot. " Was it hard to get out of you coffin today?" I asked as I shook his hand.

Dimitri: I shrugged and glanced at Rose.

"I don't mind the sun. My skin does," I said, I grabbed Roses bag from her and pulled it over my shoulder. Rose let out a noise of protest and i shushed her, striding towards my car. I threw the bags in my boot and smiled at Rose.

"As for the coffin...yeah it was hard to get out of it. I had a late night..." I said trailing off. I had been out with Ivan and a few of the other Moroi I had went to school with.

Rose: " I guess a young Moroi man has to get his kicks in somehow." I muttered as I got in the car. I wasn't happy to have a young man as my ward. I would of much rather had a female or a older Moroi. But I got stuck with a 24year old man. Who I will say was attractive none the least. But I for saw problems with us.

Dimitri: I glanced at her an arched my eyebrow.

"Do you have a problem with me?" I asked, putting my keys into the ignition. The thought hurt me. She didn't even know me. I started the car and glanced at her.

"We will need to stop off to meet my father and mother," I muttered, heading into their driveway.

Rose: " Well I have been on a full plane almost 20hours. But one look at you and that was the line crossed." I tried to tease with him, I should come into this with better views.