Chapter Eight

A/N

Long Chapter, Enjoy!!! Also the gif does relate to the chapter 

Alec watched with his father Robert Lightwood as the Institute's wards were repaired by Magnus in the op's center. His eyes watched the glowing blue symbols appear out of thin air with a simple snap of the warlock fingers. He started to rub the part of his arm that had been banged after the little Forsaken attack had left him with the lovely gift of an open and deep wound on his upper arm that couldn't be healed with a simple iratze like others. His father had attempted to heal it with the best of his very little medical ability so his son wouldn't have as much pain, which didn't work as the wound still cause Alec pain even though he was too stubborn to admit it.

"Are the wards solid now? Nothing will get through?" Robert asked Magnus with the smallest hint of urgency within his voice.

"Even my magic has its limits." Magnus answered bluntly as he moved along the back wall to move on to the other part of the protective wards that needed a bit of improvement. "The wards won't hold off that Forsaken attack. But my protection will slow them down."

"Extra time is priceless."

"Say that after you get my bill." Alec bit his lip in an attempt to hold back a bit of laughter, not that his father noticed, he didn't notice a lot of things. Magnus however did see this and smiled at the Shadowunter who gave him a shy smile back.

"Lydia will take care of that." Magnus made a face of confusion as Robert walked off a bit annoyed with something or someone leaving him with Alec whose arms were crossed by was still rubbing the bandage that covered his wound.

"Who's Lydia?" He asked Alec whose eyes rolled at the mention of the name.

"The Clave's envoy who now has control over the institute, and came here to observe us."

"That explains it. What happened to your arm." He pointed his painted black nail to Alec's bandaged arm.

"Forsaken." He mumbled, the raven's head's mind seeming to be somewhere else other than the present moment.

"Want me to take a look?"

"I'm fine."

"You're not fine Alexander." Magnus said with worry, making Alec look at him, releasing the tension in his shoulders. Truth be told Alec had the overwhelming feeling and sense of dread and danger building up inside of him ever since the Forsaken attack. Like something terrible was going to happen, but he couldn't tell when. "Is it the voices?" he asked in a hushed tone making sure no one else would hear him. Alec shook his head not really knowing how to answer.

"It's uh um."

"How about I take a look at your wound later and you can tell me then if you want." Magnus offered with a warm smile and kind eyes. Alec smiled weakly, nodding, seeing the offer as an excuse to spend more time with Magnus and to talk to the one person who was the only person who listened to him at the moment. "Now where do I find this Lydia?"

"In her office probably." Magnus nodded and placed his hand on Alec's for the briefest of moments in the way of comfort. But it was enough to make both of their skin tingle with life and send butterflies to Alec's stomach along with the warmth rushing through him. He watched Magnus walk away leaving Alec standing there for a minute trying to focus and see if the voices were going to tell him anything. But nothing. They were as silent as the silent city itself, which was called the silent city for a reason. He huffed out in frustration and confusion as to where the feeling of an unknown danger was coming from. Having nothing else to do with his time he decided to train to try and shake the feeling away. He walked over to the punching bag and began to hit it with everything he had in him. Working out all of the pain and frustration that had been slowly building inside of him over the past day or so. Each time his fist connected to the rubber lining the wound on his arm sang with pain, but Alec didn't care; it took his mind off the feeling inside of him.