2: goodbye

Each day, crept by like the one before...slow, silent, cold...

There wasn't a purpose anymore, not really. He made a promise, he'd said he'd take care of him, he meant it...he lied. He swore to himself he wouldn't let go, he meant that too, he lied again. He made another promise...to himself, to everyone...that he would become Fuhër...he lied yet again...

There used to be a man, he was strong, and he cared, and he was brave... Now he's broken, and afraid. he's lost.

...some people never forget...

Roy shot up in bed, eyes wide, breathing hard, his body coated in sweat. A dream... He sunk back down in bed, tilting his head to the side to stare out the window though it was pitch black out. He began Inhaling and exhaling slowly, trying to regain his dulled out composure.

Edward sat on the edge of the bed, joining Roy as he stared out the window, his mismatched feet swinging as he kicked them back and forth, dangling off the bed. The blonde smiled and put his hand over Roy's, running his thumb over Roy's hand as he'd done for him before. "Thanks." Edward said, his smile disappearing from his lips. Roy didn't respond, he just listened, staring at Edwards reflection in the window. "Thanks so much, for letting me die. Even though you promised..." Ed finished, his eyes lifeless and his frown was crooked, he looked twisted. Roy cringed, he couldn't listen to this...

Roy blinked, a tear running down his cheek onto the pillow. Edward was gone. Just like always, he left without a goodbye.

His eyes grew heavy before he drifted off again, only too be awoken by a familiar figure in front of his bed a while later. Envy stood there, wet, and wide eyed. Rain poured down outside, the room was dark and cold as usual. Roy made no movement, he just stared ahead. "P-please..." Envy chocked out, collapsing to his knees. "I don't understand..." He croaked. Roy still didn't move, his eyes followed Envy's frantic movement though as he clutched at his head. "I shouldn't c-care!!!" He screetched. His body quavering, his skin was tainted with dirt and blood, his eyes where wide and defeated. "Why do I care that he's dead!!!"

Roy twitched, those words struck a nerve. Something sparked, a spark that had gone out a long time ago... "SHUT UP" he hissed, his eyes glinting in the darkened room. "This is your fault..." He said, his voice weaker. His throat was dry and unused in quite some time... And it was, especially 'his fault' ...well, half Envy's fault..."You deserve this." He finished.

Envy's eyes widened even more. Every fiber of his inhuman body screaming desperation. "Just help me..." Envy cried, his tone confirming his seriousness. He looked like a rabid animal, one that'd been chained up in the cold too long, one that'd been forgotten... It's eyes resembled something more of a demon then a human. His flesh seemed almost translucent in the dim lighting, blood matting every bit of material clinging to his body, tangling with every hair on his head...

The next words said, by that rabid beast, changed everything...it twisted and mangled the broken alchemist in so many ways. Ways that would drive him to a place beyond insanity, words that would change what had been the last 7 months...

The humunculi, more inhuman then ever, broke a already broken heart, "Just help me bring him back."