5: Explaining

Roy sat on the small couch in his apartment, hands intertwined as he stared at the floor. The silence in the room was near deafening.

Hughes stared at Roy, sitting in a chair across from The flame alchemist, silently waiting for Roy to explain. He refused to take his eyes off Roy until he came clean, his hands hadn't stopped shaking the entire time he'd been there.

Heaving a sigh Roy broke the silence.
"I couldn't take it anymore." Roy said dryly, taking in a sharp breath. "I couldn't live like that anymore, I couldn't find myself. I was so lost Hughes..." He said shakily, a hot tear making it's way down his cheek. "There wasn't purpose anymore...I was so...attached." He smeared the tear on his face roughly with the back if his hand. Hughes frowned, restraining from comforting his broken friend. After all, Roy had messed up, wether he liked it or not, no matter what his reasoning, it was still wrong.

"How did you do it..." Hughes repeated, his patience thinning.

Roy frowned, running his tongue slowly over his dry lips. "I didn't do it, I know you think I..." He paused, running his hand through his hair as he leaned back into the couch. "...I know you think I used human transmutation..." He said gruffly.

Hughes winced, hearing exactly what he hadn't wanted too. "I didn't say that." Hughes corrected. Hoping dearly that his friend hadn't. The possibility still lingering in the back of his mind, still unshakable.

Roy sighed, nodding his head. "Yeah well, I didn't..."

Hughes frowned, he wasn't getting anywhere, Roy didn't want to talk about this so naturally he wasn't going to give an easy answer. Hughes glanced at the clock, ten minutes late for work already.... "Roy, I don't feel like playing games." He said firmly trying to get his point across.

"Then leave." Roy offered, knowing he wouldn't.

Hughes sighed, annoyed, and surprised Edward hadn't made a single complaint.

"I didn't do anything wrong Hughes, I was just fixing things." Roy said thoughtfully.

"Didn't do anything wrong...?" Hughes hissed, shocked Roy could think that way. "Roy, you brought the dead back! You know that's wrong! You've always known that's wrong! You beat up that same kid about trying to bring someone back Roy...but Ed was little, and scared and stupid...." Hughes stared, dumbfounded by his friend. "But you, what's your excuse..."

"Hardly," Roy chuckled. "I was fixing, correcting -if you will- what should have never happened. Therefor it's not wrong."

Silence.

"It's not wrong if the intension is right, eh?" Roy continued. "Can't you see that?" Hughes grimaced in response. "No? Take your time, I can wait." Roy mocked, upset with the fact Hughes couldn't see it the way he did.

"Roy!" Hughes finally snapped, standing in a swift and frightening motion. "What, did, you, do?!" He yelled. "How?!"

The door to the bedroom Ed had been pent up in creaked open, his face wearily peeking around the corner.

"I, didn't do anything! He did!" Roy finished, his voice shaky.

Hughes' mind raced to figure out who he was. Nothing came to mind. He flicked his eyes over to Ed, ignoring Roy.

"Uh, you two planning on keeping me locked up all day or...." Ed mused slightly, clearly concerned about the yelling between the two.

"N-no, sorry. C'mon out kiddo." Hughes said as cheerfully as he could manage. Edward cautiously crept over to the two men and sighed.

Who was he...

"Who'd ya fuck with this time?" Edward grinned at Roy, who's gaze was still cast down word. Edwards cocky grin turned into a frown soon after he realized Roy wasn't up for joking around. "...jeez..." He mumbled taking a step back.

Roy grumbled and lifted his head out of his hands, glancing at Ed and Hughes briefly before looking at the far wall.

"...so, uh...why am I here Colonel bastard?" Ed questioned, unsure of how he got here in the first place.

Hughes frowned, for all Ed knew, he'd woken up thinking maybe it was just a normal day...a day a long time ago, before any of this.

Roy glanced at Hughes and sputtered, "really, if it helps, I didn't do anything." His eyes were cold and betrayed, he sighed and finished with, "Envy did..." Before turning his attention to Edward and rambling off some bullshit excuse for why Ed had woken up in Roy's bed.

Envy....

Hughes had found his no longer anonymous he, and he didn't like the thought of Envy wrapped up in all this.

It was apparent that Hughes and Roy weren't going to be the same anymore, and that thought made Hughes' stomach turn. But he'd gathered what little knowledge he could, and the rest was going to either be spilled by Roy, or Hughes was going find out on his own. But this, no matter how you looked at it, this was all so, so wrong.

And All he could think was,

Some people never forget.

AN// I UPDATED OMG XD sooo, yeaaaah... Dunno how far this got me plot wise but it's an update so suck it up lol thanks for all the reads and reviews!!! :3 makes me actually sit down and write more! (Also, don't worry, for those of you wondering how this all came too be, it shall be explained soon;) hehe)