3

Whenever someone stepped into the dorm during the hot weather, they would always catch the gust of cold air from the air conditioner above the opposite door way. Joonmyeon knew that they were in the middle of the warm season from what he remembered, also from seeing everyone's summer attires. Though Joonmyeon did not catch the gust of fresh wind once he stepped through the front door behind Seunghwan and that seriously irked him. Something was definitely off.

He froze once he'd followed Seunghwan into the living room. There were five, no, four boys piled onto the sofas and spread across the carpet. All heads snapped up to Seunghwan with expectant looks.

"So... how is he?" Jongdae asked. EXO-M weren't due back in Korea for another few weeks. Jongdae wasn't supposed to be here.

"Can we go back to visiting him again, hyung?" Kyungsoo asked from the floor. His big eyes were glistening.

Go back to visiting who?

Seunghwan looked at his feet, "No, you can't visit him."

"Why? We haven't even seen him yet," Yixing frowned. "We might miss him wake up."

"He's not going to wake up, Lay," Seunghwan said softly.

"How do you know?" Baekhyun snorted painfully. "You never told me you were a doctor."

"What's going on, hyung?" Kyungsoo asked as he stood up.

"He's not going to wake up," Seunghwan shook his head.

"Hyung, talk to me," Kyungsoo stepped forward. "Tell me what's wrong."

"No, no, no," Seunghwan mumbled. "He's not going to wake up. He can't."

"Would you quit being so unfaithful? He's going to be fine," Baekhyun said sternly.

"No, he won't wake up," Seunghwan said. Joonmyeon just stood watching as a stray tear rolled down his cheeks. Seunghwan hadn't known that delivering the news would have been that difficult. "Pray all you want. He won't wake up."

"Hyung, stop it," Baekhyun warned, getting to his feet. Jongdae covered his ears with the palms of his hands.

"You're too late. He's not going to wake up," Seunghwan continued.

"Shut up. Just, shut up," Baekhyun said as he stepped in front of Seunghwan. Joonmyeon gaped, appalled at the language Baekhyun had just used to the older.

"What's going on?" Kyungsoo said. "Tell us, hy-"

"They unplugged him last night," Seunghwan said. That had made the boys quiet.

Unplugged? Who was him?

"Unplugged?" Jongdae finally asked, his hands falling into his lap.

"What's unplugged? What does that mean?" Yixing quizzed.

"No, you don't mean..." Jongdae trailed off.

Baekhyun didn't buy it, "Can't you see that we aren't in the mood for jokes, hyung? It's not funny."

"I'm not joking Baekhyun," Seunghwan murmured. "His parents were there. He's gone."

"What are you saying? He's not gone, h-he can't be," Baekhyun's eyes brimmed with tears. "He's going to wake up."

Who's going to wake up?

"Stop trying to trick me, hyung, please," Baekhyun tried to blink his tears away.

"What's going on?" Joonmyeon tried.

"I didn't want to be the one who told you. I'm so sorry," Seunghwan said as he shook his head. "I am so sorry."

"Sorry for what?" Joonmyeon asked, standing in between the boys.