12

Jen woke up with a smile plastered on her face. This is her chance to get a job with tom. Running. Sure it would be hard but no that hard. If tom can do it she can as well.

As usual tom was already gone and so were most of the boys. She hopped out of bed and walked lightly over to the hall for breakfast.

Sure bacon and eggs got a little boring after a while but Jen wolfed them down like it was her last meal forever. She had Minho in her gaze, he had to stay back for her and he was sat on the end if the table away from everyone.

Well duh all his buddies are out running. He finished and put his plate in the tray and sat back down in his hunched position on the chair.

Well it was obvious he expected her to go to him and she did, with annoyance.
"Minho" Jen said quietly, Minho looked up at Jen and paused. He then stood up and he literally towered over poor little Jen.

"Come with me" he said stiffly and walked off. "That's kinda in the job description" Jen muttered. Minho either hadn't heard her or stone cold ignored her because he kept walking an Jen hurried after him.

Once they arrived in a dark cold corner of the glade Minho turned to her. "You wanna be a runner? Because if not then there's really no use in me helping you like this" he said, accompanied with an accusing glance.

Jen lifted her hands up defensively "i dunno who chose you as keeper of the runners but they definitely made a bad decision". Minho scowled "ill take that as a no" and he started to walk off.

"NO!" Jen yelled grabbing his arm. "I mean I wanna be a runner" she corrected softly. Minho ripped his arm out of Jens clutch and his face softened. "10 laps of the glade by lunch, if you can't do that you're not fit for running" Minho then sat himself against the wall and waited.

"Excuse m- yes Minho" then she started running. After four laps she stopped in a forest area next to the wall. Jen sat down her throat was burning and her lungs felt like they were breathing in lava.

"I can do this" she said out loud and then kinda just made a horrified face at talking out loud. Jen shook her head and heaved her burning body up and began to run again.

Jen had lost count on how many laps she had run so she counted Minho to tell her when to stop. He never did.
Jen stopped in front of him and leaned forward hands in her knees. "Am I done yet!" She panted, her throat was burning with the need for cold liquid.

"I thought you would've been counting" Minho said loftily. "Stop messing with me, how many laps have I done?" Jen tried to sound angry but ended up choking on her own tongue. "17" he picked at the grass beside him.

"What!" Jen cried. "How long have I been doing this?!". Minho grinned slyly "it's well past lunch". Jen scoffed in rage "why didn't you tell me?". Minho stood up groaning "you're not cut out do running Jen" he glanced at her once and walked away stiffly.

"What! Why not?" Jen ran after him. "You need brain capacity and fitness to do this" Minho said and the tone in his voice final. Jens shoulders slumped and she headed over to her hammock for some well deserved rest.

Her stomach made the dying whale sound and she jumped, thinking it was a nearby griever. That's all you can hear at night, inhuman metallic growls and screeches. She smiled at her own thoughts.

After a quick nap Jen was woken by chuck one if her few friends in the glade, not that she talked to him that much due to tom and her being together.

"Jen you're gonna miss dinner! Get up" he cried frantically. She stood up fast and a wave of dizziness came over her. Jens vision was dotted with black spots that grew until she fell into blackness.

Jen woke but kept her eyes firmly shut not wanting to open them and let in brightness that she knew would be awaiting her. Instead she heard toms voice, all too familiar low and sexy.

".....it scares me how much I love you because I could die out there as a runner and I can't leave you but you'll probably leave me. I can't actually imagine you loving me and having no idea how much power you have over me. For a kiss I'd give all my blood and for an escape to a perfect live with you is would give my sanity. Well as if you'd still like me th-" hey Thomas" a different voice interrupted him.

"Oh hi clint" he said, surprise and something else that Jen couldn't pin point was all through his voice. "Is she awake?". "I hope no- I hope she will be" he corrected. Jen chose this moment to open her eyes tentatively and as expected sunlight streamed through the window onto her face

"Hi" Jen said sitting up slowly. Feeling no change she swung her legs over the low bed and her bare feet touches the floor. "You passed out" clint said matter of fact tone clear in his gruff voice.

"Thanks for that" Jen said almost bitterly "When's dinner?". Tom squeezed her hand "it's lunch time" he said softly. "Now?" Jen asked hopefully tom nodded and Jen smiled. "I'm fine thanks clint" she assured him "no problems Jen" he winked and tom ushered her out quickly.

After breakfast Jen and tom (who apparently sat up beside her all last night) went to sleep for the day.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I won't be posting for a week because I need to write more of the story and haven't been able to because of stupid school

Thanks for reading :)

Bye❤️