3

After a hammock had been put up and flopped down on the scratchy fabric, eager to rest after her long day.

"What are you doing!" Cried chuck "you need to be at the bonfire! You're the guest of honour".

Jen sat up blearily. "Excuse me?" She said "do not mess with my sleeping patterns!".

Chuck sighed "okay Thomas will be here in a few minutes to get you up". Chuck left and Jen snuggled down and asleep.

"Get up!".
Jen sat up and a wave of dizziness courses through her head. "What the h-" she started but the rest of her sentence was swallowed by surprise as she took in the boy that stood before her.

He had ruffled black hair and eyes that were a mix of brown and hazel. He wore a blue shirt and low slung jeans, his shirt sleeves were rolled up to his elbows exposing lightly muscled forearms downed with fine black hair.

"What are you staring at?" Thomas asked, jerking Jen out of her goggle session. "You" Jen replied without thinking.

Thomas tried to hide his smile but it was not missed by Jen. "C'mon" Thomas said "we need to go to the party".

Jen could hear the music even before she saw the party around the bonfire. They were guys doing flips and tricks so exotic that Jen was scared for them. A fire was blazing in the middle of the scene and a crowd of sweaty stinky boys were crowded around it.

Jen heard a grunt and saw a playful fight on between two boys. The larger one was winning. The fight was encircled by onlookers cheering and clapping.

Jen noticed then that she was the only girl there. Her defence went up immediately and she excised herself from toms presence and sat at the base of a tree alone.

"Jen?" A gentle voice came from beside her. Jen turned to see toms face peering anxiously at her from the shadows.

"What" Jen said moving over and allowing tom to sit by her. Jen was highly aware of their close proximity.

"What's going on?" Tom asked her. Jen sighed and shook her head biting back tears. "Where am I and why am I here?" She asked sadly.

"None of is know anything" tom replied gently "that's why we are still looking for a way out". Jen rested her head on toms shoulder and they stayed there like that. A loud screech interrupted their moment an Jen jumped up.

"What was that!?" She cried "that, beautiful was a griever" tom replied. Jen was torn between emotions, obvious love and swooning from tom calling her beautiful and the terrible screeches that belonged to something so darkly named.

"Hey you two!" Someone called from far away at the party. "Yeah Ben!" Tom called back. Well he obviously knew who it was.

"Time to get to bed!" Came the reply. Tom scoffed and lifted Jen up carrying her to her hammock. Jen was happy to find that toms bed was next to hers.

After that she fell into a dreamless sleep.