What Came Next

Rika was shocked. She stood there, wide eyes and all, trying to process what just happened.

He kissed her.

He looks ashamed

She wants to do it again.

I want to do it again? She asked herself. She looked down then back up. Yes, she did want to kiss him again. But why does he have his head down? Is he regretting it?

She was lost in her thoughts when Takato broke the silence with his voice, "I don't know what got into me," he looked up at Rika with timid eyes. The look he gave had broken her heart. The last time she saw him this anxious was when the d-reaper attached Shinjuku. 

"It's fine", she said when she looked at the clock that read 9:45 pm, "I have to go anyway. See you tomorrow"

"Yeah", he lowered his head, "see you tomorrow"

"What did I do?" Takato asked himself.

After she left his room, he could hear Rika closing the door behind her indicating that she left. The boy stared off into the ceiling.

 "Yeah I'll come over if my mom lets me," Rika said as she grabbed his hand to run out of the school. 

"Do you even know where you're going?" Takato asked while being dragged across the school.

"Nope" she shouted as she laughed. 

"Silly Rika" he mumbled under his breath.

"What was that Google Head?" she asked when she came to a stop and looked him dead in the eyes.

"I said", he smirked, "silly Rika". Where did the abrupt confidence appear from? He questioned himself.

"Oh," she replied as she glanced away, "let's leave the school" she swallowed.

"I shall guide you to the front doors.", he laughed and took her hand.

Walking through the front doors of her home, Rika announced herself.

"Hey Mom, I'm home," Rika took off her shoes and put on her slippers to walk to the kitchen.  

Some people long for a life that is simple and planned

Tied with a ribbon

Some people won't sail the sea 'cause they're safer on land

To follow what's written

But I'd follow you to the great unknown

Off to a world, we call our own

She sang and hummed to the melody of the song that had stayed in her head. She wished she didn't run out of the house when she did.

A pang of guilt filled her stomach as she walked to the kitchen.

💙🌊💙🌊💙🌊💙🌊💙🌊💙🌊💙🌊💙🌊💙🌊💙🌊💙🌊💙

So this is short but its all I could come up with. Merry Christmas everyone!