Burned: Sequel Broken pieces

Chapter 1:

Six months, seven days...that's how long it's been...that's how long it's been sense the military went still, the days went quiet. That's how long it's been sense the small, still, lifeless body of Edward Elric was found...and also that's how long it's been sense Colonel Roy Mustang was found, against the hotel wall, silent, broken...that's how long it's been sense Roy Mustang has spoken.

He was given time off work, lots of time. But it made no difference, he never came back...

Eventually everyone just, gave up.... Riza stopped knocking at his door every morning. Havoc stopped calling everyday. Alphonse stopped too....he couldn't bring himself to look at Roy anymore.... Hughes, he still showed up everyday, unlocking the front door to his friends house, using the spare key Roy had In trusted in his best friend many years ago...he'd walk through the darkened house, set some food Gracia had made for him down on the counter, and would walk into Roy's room...he did this everyday...he never saw Roy move, he never gave any recognition that he even knew Hughes what there, yet, everyday, the food from the day before would be gone... He would sit down on the edge of the bed, next to Roy who was always staring out the window, perched on the edge of the bed. That's all he'd do, just sit there with him for a while before going to do Roy's dishes.

One thing Hughes had given up on was cleaning Roy. He'd stayed in the same clothes sense Central had finished talking (it was a very...one sided conversation.) to Roy about Edwards death. Hughes had given up trying to coax him into new ones, so he let him be...he had stubble untended too and his hair was incredibly greasy, his eyes where distant and his breathing was dry...

After Hughes had done all this, he would shout from the living room a goodbye to Roy- though he never got a response-and left for work. He always said goodbye, something Ed didn't do...

Roy had been replaced a while ago...although Riza insisted it was only 'temporary' no one could see Roy coming back to work...

As for Al, he stopped having anything to do with the military at all...he gave up on ever getting his body back...instead he just, sat there. He'd been staying with Granny and Winry for a while now, mostly because Winry demanded he did so. He would come out of 'his bedroom' every once and a while, he'd talk to them a little, and then he'd go back. Winry was torn apart at Ed's death, but seeing Al made it worse...

Ed's grave lay next to his mothers naturally...Al visited sometimes, but not often... No one could get hold of hoenhime...he probably didn't even know...

Over all, people where broken, and would never be the same...

People are good at forgetting, it's easier. But some people never forget.