Somewhere over the rainbow

*Calum*
Of course. I should have known she would turn away. After everything I've put her through, I don't blame her.

"Dude, what was that? 'Hey, Kiersten. Been awhile hasn't it.' You can't just say that after 6 months and not expect her to run away." Luke says.

"I don't know" I say grabbing my hair. "I just thought, maybe she'll forgive me."

"Whatever, dude let's just go before you break her heart again." I really missed Kiersten though. She was the only girl I could ever open up with.
---
I lay on the sand of the beach next to Kiersten. I look over to see if she fell asleep, since all I heard was the waves. She returns the glance and smiles at me. This smile i can never get sick of.

"Are you okay, Calum. Lately you have been a little off." She says quietly, seeming to enjoy the breeze.

I have been off lately. For awhile now, Kier and I've been hanging out and I started developing feelings for her. Today was the day I was going to tell her. I thought the beach would be the best place to express my feelings since this is were we hang out every Sunday.

Hopefully, these feelings are mutual because I was hoping to ask her out on our first date if this went well. Wait Calum what are you thinking? You can't get cocky about this who knows what she is going to say. Who would ever even want to date a loser like me. (remember that this is back in 2011 when they just started the band when they were still in school and no one would date them.)

"You're right." I say nervously as the sun starts to set. "Listen, Kier. We have been hanging out a lot for awhile now. It's been great getting to know you, like how your afraid of being in the ocean because of your fear of open water or how you get really frustrated when you don't hand on homework on time because you think the teacher will be disappointed or how much you love watching the rainbows. Even the fact that you constantly make yourself sick just by thinking about it(hypochondriac). And I love telling you about myself and I love how you don't mind it. I love how I can tell you about my goals to be able to travel the world and tour with the boys and play concerts like all the bands that we love. And that leads to another thing I love about you. I love how you have the same taste in music as me and you aren't even one of those girls that wears the band shirts and doesn't know one of their songs. You truly love them." I say taking a breather.

By this time she was smiling at me wide with those gorgeous brown eyes of hers.

"Though we have only known each other for a few months now I have loved every single minute of it. Even times like this where we just stay and look at the ocean. Even when we aren't talking I just enjoy your presents next to me. I know all of this sounds kind of cliché but it's true. I really like you. Everything that you do makes me smile. Your smile can light up the whole world. So with that, Kiersten Irwin, will you go on a date with me?" I say hoping she will say yes.

Instead of answering she just gets off the ground and jumps on me making us fall in the sand. All we can do is laugh together.
---

"Calum!" Luke says shaking me and scaring me. "Dude, what were you thinking about you just drifted off for like five minutes, mate?" I forgot I was with him.

Oh how much I wish I had never had these memories in my head. These memories just bring heartache. I just wish I could have had a second chance.

Cliffhanger!! But not really haha okay so I hope you liked this chapter. I tried to get a flashback in on how he asked her out bc after a few more flashbacks it starts to get sad. So please comment and vote on this book I am really trying hard because the other books I have had I didn't get into. This book though I have a really good plan for so just wait!
-sloane