4. circles

circles - mac miller

JJ'S POV

Thursday. The day I leave the chateau and go home to the hell hole. Once a week I have to leave the chateau and stay at my dad's, the only way he wouldn't call the cops to report me as missing or claim I'm doing something illegal was to go back once a week and deal with him.

I dreaded it every week but thats how life is now. It's a continuous cycle of shit.

"You stole my beers you shit!" My dad yells, throwing a glass bottle towards me but it misses my head.

"I didn't, your beers in the fridge-"

"Shut up! Grab me a beer and just shut up!"

I toss a beer at him and head to my room, closing the door and locking it. He has a habit of barging into my room and yelling at me repeatedly. It gets annoying.

"Slam that door again boy-"

I groan and turn the music up louder to block out his shit. One night, just one night a week and then I'm free.

DING
1 NEW TEXT MESSAGE

sarah: cant sleep, sneak out?

I chuckle looking at the text. For whatever reason I felt this connection to Sarah Cameron. We'd been through the same shit and sure it was nice to have Pope but he's always busy working on fixing his scholarship stuff. We just don't connect as well.

jj: ill text you when im out front ;)

I quickly grab a shirt off the floor, sniffing it, it smelt clean. I threw it on and grabbed my bag, tossing whatever alcohol I had in my dresser into the bag.

My dad had gotten a bolt on my window so I couldn't sneak out that way and normally I'd wait until he passed out in his chair but I didn't have time to wait. I wanted to see her.

Taking a deep breath, I open my door, seeing my dad is still wide awake grabbing a new beer from the fridge.

I slowly walk towards the back door, praying the bottles in my bag don't clank.

Clank

Fuck.

"Where the hell are you going?"

I groan and turn around, looking at my dad who was slowly coming closer.

"Pope's helping me with some uhh essays for some scholarship-"