Chapter Thirty-Two

Annabella was just waking up from her nap when she got a message from an unknown number. It is not uncommon for her to receive these messages, but what really irked her was what it said.

Unknown: You look so pretty when you sleep.

Unknown: I can not wait to take you away from those wretched people.

Unknown: I will see you soon baby girl.

Anyone would be freaked out if someone sent them that message. How did they see her while she was sleeping? This place is guarded 24/7. Should she tell her brothers and dad?

These are just some of the many things running through her mind at this moment. She decided to tell her dad and also call Isabella to warn her.

Outgoing call to "Isabella"

"Isabella, listen. I know you are probably busy but I just got a message saying I look pretty when I sleep and that they are going to take me away from my family. I'm about to tell my dad but I wanted to warn you also. They may come after you and I need you to be prepared." Annabella said frantically, not even letting her say a thing when she picks up.

"Okay, calm down. We will figure this out as we always do. Once you show your dad you will probably be put into a lockdown. Maybe even moved into a safe house. We have to assume that this person knows who you really are. We need to take any and all precautionary measures possible." She starts to say in a worried voice.

"Okay If anything happens to me I love you. Thank you for being my best friend." Annabella said as a lone tear rolled down her face.

"Shut up!! Nothing is going to happen to you okay!" She says while starting to cry. Heck she was crying now too. Annabella didn't even know what she would do without Isabella. She had saved her life on multiple occasions, and she was not talking about just on missions.

"I have to go now. Always and forever, till we meet again." Annabella sobbed into the phone, saying their motto that they had come up with a few months ago. She could hear her mumble it back, while sobbing also. Annabella hung up before she broke down any more.

After she cried for a few minutes, Annabella wiped her tears and ran out of her room to find her father. She passed a few guards and some of her brothers. They looked worried about how fast she was running, along with her crying. Armani and Antonio followed after her, while everyone else was still shocked.

As she was nearing her fathers office, Armani and Antonio finally caught up with her. They were out of breath. They look so worried about her state right now.

"What's going on right now? Why are you running so fast and where are you going?" Antonio says as he is the first to catch his breath. Annabella doesn't answer him though, and she kept running to her dad's office.

When she finally reached the office doors, she didn't knock. She rushed in there like there was a fire. Apparently he was having a meeting or something because there were some other people who looked important that were sitting around the office.

At first, he was going to yell at her for not knocking, but then he saw the panic on her face and decided against it ."What is wrong with you baby girl? What made you so panicked and who do I need to kill?" He says worriedly. Annabella started to cry again and handed him her phone so he could see the messages she had gotten sent to her.

As he was reading them, Annabella could tell that he was mad. He started to tense up. The glare he was giving her phone made the people in his office shudder in fear. Grown men shake in fear, scared for the fate of whatever made the princess cry.

De Luca's would never get justice for what will happen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That person is going to suffer.

Not worse than his baby girl.

How dare someone threaten his daughter. They had seen her asleep. They would die at his hands. No death would be too easy. No one could get away with messing with the De Luca's.

No one but him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Something bad has happened.

His twin sister was sobbing, which she never did, and his dad looked ready to burn the whole world down. Armani would kill whoever caused this reaction out of his sister.

His dad finally gets done with her phone and hands it to him and Antonio. Nothing could have prepared him for what he would have read on that phone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will protect you little sister.

You can't protect her all of the time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After her dad and her two brothers that followed her into the office had read what was on her phone, their dad yelled for everyone that was not a part of the family to leave and not speak of this situation. The tension in the room was thick. You could have sliced it in half with a knife.

Their dad called the rest of her brothers into his office to tell them about the threat against her. Let her just say by the end of the explanation, there were multiple holes in the walls and things broke around the room. Oh, you can't forget the threats that came from the boys.

As a song by the Digital Daggers says,

"You'll never know what hit you

Won't see me closing in

I'm gonna make you suffer

This hell you put me in

I'm underneath your skin

The devil within

You'll never know what hit you"

Annabella had found it very fitting for this situation.

Not even the devil inside them could save her now.