I Wanna Dance With Somebody

Nicki tried on her third jumper of the night, still unsure of which one she wanted to wear. She knew it was bound to be cold since they'd mostly be outside, but unlike the previous night she wouldn't be limited to standing in one place so she would be a little bit warmer.

Finally deciding that the white jumper she had one would do, she made her way over to her coat rail and took out the grey teddy jacket and draped it on her vanity chair as she sat to secure on her timbs.

She stood and did her mental checklist, making sure she had everything and only being interrupted by the doorbell sounding. Content that she was ready, she picked up her phone and keys and headed for the door, returning only a few steps down to get her burberry scarf once again, and covering herself in a few more sprays of her Dior perfume.

She opened the front door with a smile to find him standing there with a smile on his face and a bouquet of assorted roses in hand. "Hey," he said.

"Hey, how are you?" she asked as she stepped aside, inviting him into the hallway of the apartment.

"I'm good thank you, and yourself?" he replied and she gave him a 'good' in return. "These are for you." He held out the flowers to her and gladly took them from him.

"Thank you, they're beautiful. Did you pick them out yourself?" she asked as she walked towards the kitchen to find a vase for them.

"I did actually. Surprising I know, but my mom's a florist so I was taught to have an eye for nice flowers," he said, causing her to chuckle.

Moments later they were heading out of her apartment complex and making their way to his car to start their evening of festivities...

"So you grew up in New York?" he asked and she nodded.

"My parents moved back to Trinidad a little after my 21st birthday, but I'd gotten too used to life out here so I decided to stay, and they were ok with it," She explained. "It was tough at first, but I got used to it, and eventually I found a job that I love."

"That's interesting. I can imagine it wasn't easy to live alone in New York, and so young too, but you did a very good job of getting to where you are," he complimented and she thanked him. "Have you ever thought about moving out of New York? Or maybe going back to trinidad at all?"

She shook her head. "I'm really comfortable here, and I guess I don't think there's any other reason for me to move really. I mean if something came up, maybe an opportunity of a lifetime then I would consider it, but I don't see it happening. How about you?" she asked him.

"I'm kinda the same, but I'm also kinda flexible. I really love Toronto and I love the idea of settling there, but I've got a very good position here, so unless I find something better I don't really have intentions of moving." He explained. "I'm happy here, and it's looking like I'm gonna have more than one reason to stay,"

He watched as she picked up her drink to have a sip from it, trying to ignore the rosy tint on her cheeks. "About that, I had something to ask you," she said and he just waited encouraging her to go through with her question. "Is this like a date date, like are you looking to maybe potentially progress onto more dates, or is this like a friends hanging out type of thing?" she asked.

He was silent for a moment as he read her body language, picking up on the fact she was genuinely nervous. "Nicki, I'm very interested in pursuing you. Believe me, seeing you today and knowing I had another chance to get the introduction right, was a huge blessing," he explained and she smiled. "Is there something I don't know? Are you with someone already?" he asked and she shook her head.

"The complete opposite. I was wondering if you were, cause I saw you with someone last night and just assumed y'all were together," she said and he chuckled.