Saving All My Love For You

He looked good. And for a moment she enjoyed taking in every aspect of his outfit that consisted of a pair of black slim fit trousers and a dark grey, fitted polo shirt that he had left the buttons undone on. Unable to resist giving into him, she placed her phone into her bag and slid it closer to Jen. "Please can you watch that for me," she asked and Jen didn't hesitate to agree, knowing the details of the situation too well.

Taking his hand she stood from her seat and followed as he led her to their own spot on the dancefloor, a little away from the others being that he knew they needed their space, for the very expected exchange they would now have.

"My goodness you look gorgeous," he said to her as his arm slipped around her waist. "I had to pick up my jaw when I saw you,"

She chuckled as she looked up at him to find him gazing back at her. "Thank you. You look very handsome yourself," she commented, taking in the newly forming curls he now hand and the neatness of his beard that had definitely been shaped that morning.

"Thank you baby, how have you been?" He asked as they rocked slowly to the music.

"I've been ok. How about you? How's houston?" She asked as she moved her hand from his chest to his shoulder. In that moment it felt like it was just them and she wouldn't have it any other way. There was something about him, about them and what they had that she knew she would have difficulty finding with anyone else.

"Houston's good. It's nicer than I thought it would be, but it's definitely not New York," He said as she looked up at him. "I've missed you,"'

She gave him a small smile before placing her head on his chest. "I've missed you too," she finally added and he chuckled.

He placed a kiss on her hand before he laced their fingers. "Why didn't you reply to my message?" he asked, causing a moment of silence before them, but he didn't rush her. She was comfortable and that's all he needed. He could tell her guard was already down and he needed it to stay that way.

"I didn't know what to say," she said. "I felt like you wanted to call it quits and I wasn't ready for that," she explained, causing him to laugh lightly.

"Are you still sure about that?" he asked her, and she could hear the smile in his voice.

"Well not anymore, but until now I didn't really know. I must've seen you last night when we all went out for drinks and you were with another woman so at that point I didn't know what else to believe." She looked up at him, a way of gauging his reaction she had hoped.

"She's a work colleague," he said softly. "Surprisingly we were doing the same thing last night, and I had offered to give her a lift, but it's far from that I assure you. You've got the strongest hold on me and I'm not giving up on us just yet,"

"You kinda already did when you chose Houston," she said, encouraging him to laugh again.

"Damn. A whole month later and you still haven't changed your mind?" He asked her.

"Did you expect me to?" she answered his question with a question and he sighed.

"Part of me did actually. I hoped maybe you'd realise it's not all that bad and we really can make it work. Besides Houston isn't actually awful, I think you'd like coming out here more than you realise," he said.

"Well drawing the line was based on more than just distance," she said, pulling away from him a little to look at him.

He placed the hand he was holding on his shoulder before slipping his other hand around her waist, all whilst never breaking eye contact. "You must still trust me if you believe every word I'm telling you right now," he said and it was now her turn to chuckle. He was right and he knew it.