Decorating

A/N: This is what I was thinking for the tree, though the one they decorate is far bigger than this baby tree. BTW, I wonder which turtle tot that is..?

December 5

Two Weeks And Six Days Until Christmas...

"Donnie-"

Bang

"Donnie-"

Bang

"Donnie-"

Bang

Mikey had been calling his brother's name nonstop for the past five minutes, always hitting the door in a nice firm bang afterward with the intent of gathering Donnie's attention. He knew his brother would have to come answer the door eventually and he was determined to stay there and wait for him for as long as it took.

"Donnie-"

Bang

"Donnie-"

Bang

"Donnie-"

Bang

"Don-"

The door suddenly flew open and Mikey was face-to-face with a thoroughly peeved Donatello, his brother only keeping the door cracked enough so Mikey was able to see most of his body, but nothing of the lab behind him.

Making note of this, Mikey gave his brother an innocent grin as his older brother demanded. "What do you want, Mikey?"

"Splinter says we're going to decorate the tree."

Donnie stared at him for a moment before shutting the door. Mikey didn't move from where he stood, shifting from heel to toe as he waited patiently, brightening when Donnie opened the door again.

The genius handed him a box of Christmas decorations that he happily accepted, the youngest starting to walk away when he realized the lab door was closing again.

"Hey, wait!" Mikey shouted, Donnie pausing to look back over at him impatiently. "What now?"

"Well... I was kinda hoping you were planning on coming with. You know, to help decorate?" Mikey suggested.

"I don't know if I can, I'm really busy-"

"With your mystery project, I know." Mikey clarified, lowering his lip in a pout. "But you can't skip out on decorating the tree, D! It's tradition!"

He could tell his brother was starting to consider it, but Donnie suddenly shook his head and replied. "Not this year, Mikey."

He started to close the door, but Mikey was not in the mood to take no for an answer. Moving swiftly, he dropped the box of decorations and kicked them in between the door and the wall so it wouldn't shut. Startled, Donnie looked down at the box and then back to him.

Giving his brother a large dose of puppy-dog eyes, Mikey dramatically dropped down onto his knees as he begged. "Pretty please with pepperoni on top? It's not as fun without you!"

Seeing that he was on the verge of getting through to his brother, Mikey added. "If you don't, there's a good chance Leo will try to set up the lights and will probably succeed in burning down the dojo this year."

Rolling his eyes, Donnie leaned over to pick up the box and Mikey scrambled to his feet, nervous until he spotted the amused smile on Donnie's face.