Thirty-Three

Mare

Maven takes me away from Cal, I don't know how to feel, happy that I'm seeing an old friend, sad that he's here, scared for what he could do. It's like role reversal. Cal was once my lover and I didn't know how to feel about Maven so I ended up hating him, even though I had excellent reasons to do so. Now Maven is my lover and fiancé, and Cal is someone I don't know how I feel towards him, I have some reasons to have distaste for, what he did to Evangeline was just pure messed up.

Maven takes me in arm down halls. He must know where we are going, but I don't. His heels click on the floor as we stride. "Where are we going?" I ask.

"To some silver idiots to arrange our wedding," he states with a smile. He's happy we are now "together", I feel the same, I hope.

"Isn't that our job?" I look up at him as we continue to walk.

"We do conformations, they set it up, with dates and all that fun stuff, you don't want to do work do you?" he teases, nudging me to the side.

"No, works crap," I play along.

"I agree, but royals have work," he pouts. "Your okay with the whole, us being engaged you being queen right?"

"Yes, Maven, I'm fine with it, no need to be pushy on it," I tease back.

"I am not being pushy, just-"

"Looking for trouble," I cut him off playfully. He gives me an exaggerated shocked look.

"I would never," he puts his hand on his chest as we continue to walk.

"Who are you and what have you done to Maven Calore?"

"So I am the trouble maker now? I get it from you,"

I copy his dramatic gasp from before. "No," I stop walking. He faces me.

"Look at all the trouble my little Mare Bear caused," he puts his hand on my cheek and playfully slapped it, it didn't hurt one bit.

"I couldn't have done it without Mavey," I also slap his cheek playfully, now burning with a gray blush. He chuckles lightly before planting a kiss on my forehead. I remove my hand from his cheek before I wrap my arms around his neck, making me stand on my tip toes. We stay in this position for a while until he plants another quick kiss, but on my plump lips this time, making me giggle.

"There's that smile," he whispers. He lets go of my waist and he opens a door. "This is where we will be wed."

I see a chapel, the stained glass windows of several colors form figures I don't know of, there's a long, red carpeted aisle, rows of seats on each side, a plethora of instruments waiting to be played, a stand at the end of the aisle. The whole room seems to be happy even when it's empty.

"Do you like it?" Maven asked, walking in between the rows of benches.

"I love it," I say back, he smiles at my response, but he's looking at the benches. I walk down the aisle and look at the benches as well, but on the opposite side of where Maven is exploring.

"Your majesties," I hear an unfamiliar voice. It's a tall, gray man. He must be someone who works here, a priest possibly. Maven walks into the aisle, I follow.

"Why don't you go into our room, I'll meet you there?" he whispers in my ear, I nod, making the sound that comes with it.

"Have fun," I say before I dismiss myself out. Back in the hallway I stand for a moment until I hear a familiar voice. I know I should be walking back to my bedroom, and eavesdropping isn't polite, especially for a future Queen, but I decide to stay and hang around anyway.

I can't make out the voice right away, but once they turn the corner I can see who is speaking. It's Elane Haven, her flowing red curls and attire are regal. I remember her from training. She can bend light. Then I see Evangeline. If I thought she looked happy before, I was wrong, she was practically beaming now. I guess seeing them talk like this only questions the rumors I've heard before only makes my mind bustle. The rumors stated that Eve and Elane had a fling or something, or they fancy each other, I have an impulse to go and ask them, but I refrain.

My theory confirms when there lips touch for a faint moment until they run off in giggles. I guess that was true. I stand in the hall in awe of Eve liking girls, but the more I think about it, it makes more sense. Eve never really liked Cal in that way, she only liked him for the power Cal would give her. But then why would they do it? Why would they make love if Eve never loved Cal, and Cal never loved Eve. They were to be wed and produce the future heirs of the crown before I wrecked everything. Did I wreck everything? What if Maven only loves me because I would be gone otherwise?  What if he's using me? What if-

"Mare?" I hear is voice.  I look up from me standing alone in the hallway.

"How did it go?" I ask. 

"Good, our weddings in a month," he states.  I nod slowly.  He hugs me tight and I hug him back.  He rests his head on my forehead while I muzzle mine into his chest, hearing his heartbeat and getting warm from his heat.  Once he lets go of me he looks deeply into my eyes. 

"Your beautiful," he says with a warm smile.

"Save yourself the pleasure," I tease and let go of him and start to walk to our room. 

We walk in sync together until we meet the room.   He sits on the bed right away and takes off his crown and sets it on his nightstand.  I sit next to him and he hugs me again.  "How was your day?" He asks. 

"Amazing," I say in his chest,  I can feel his smile and he lays us down.  His breathing slows, I match mine to his.  "Tired?" I ask.  He nods and I hug him tighter.  It isn't long until he falls asleep, and I fall asleep slowly after he does.