Waking Up Beside You

Harry opened the door to find an absolute giant towering over him, a solid wall of muscle, and behind him Harry spotted a dark luxury car. The stranger smiled with a warm 'hello,' drawing his eyes up to the bright smile on his face. Feeling embarrassed at his obvious gawking, Harry avoided direct eye contact.

"I'm here for Niall?" Harry's curiosity was piqued at the familiar Irish brogue

"Oh, yeah, he's inside." He stepped aside to allow the man in. When he entered the kitchen, Marcel stared a little too, before giving a confused "hi?" Niall turned at that, his whole face lighting up at the sight.

"Bressie!" Niall launched himself at him, until the man, Bressie he thought, enveloped him in a tight hug, making Niall's lithe frame look even smaller in comparison. Bressie laughed a hearty laugh, his head thrown back as he shook.

"Hi there, wee one."

"Missed you," he said, the end getting lost in Bressie's chest as he turned into him "And by the way, whatever you do, don't answer any of da's calls. If you absolutely must speak to him, keep it brief and don't listen to him."

"Already spoke with him, bub." Though the tone was jovial, Harry saw a flicker of concern crossed Bressie's face, and watched as Niall tensed up in his arms.

"So," Niall said, while Bressie pulled back, trying for light, "What crap did he fill your head with?"

Bressie seemed to ignore the question, instead focusing on Harry and Marcel." Which one of you is Harry ?" The inflection alone was enough to have Niall crying out.

"Bressie!  He was talking utter shite! He's literally never even met them!" Marcel took all of this in quietly, confusion evident in his expression, while Harry again thought back to that morning, hischeeks growing warm.

"You're cute when you're being oblivious, kitten ." An all-knowing look from Bressie was being sent the twins way, and Harry had a distinct, prickling feeling of being caught out.

"Oblivious to what, exactly? And how many times do we have to talk about that particular pet name, head?"

"Just accept it. Like a lil' kitten you are, wee one" Laughter could be heard in Bressie's voice, as Niall shot him the most non-menacing glare Harry'd ever seen. The hair falling above his eyes made it even prettier.

"The day I don't protest 'kitten' is the day I'm not okay." Bressie's eyes filled with that same look of concern from earlier.

"You let me call you that not so long ago." He said it so quietly, no one but Harry, close as he was, could hear it. Even then he wondered if he'd heard correctly. Immediately, however, Bressie's seemingly ever-present grin was back."Ready to go?"

"Yeah, but I left everything upstairs."

"I'll go!" Marcel piped up from the table, before rushing upstairs to retrieve his things, not even waiting for Niall's answer. Niall, after his initial surprise at his haste, stared forlornly after his half-finished plate, until Bressie noticed.

"You can finish if you want, chief. Is that alright with you?" He turned his questioning gaze on Harry, who nodded a bit too intensely. More time with Niall was always a welcome thing, and he hadn't missed the happiness in Niall's eyes.

All too soon, though, the pair was off in Bressie's incredibly expensive looking car. As they watched them go off, Anne returned, studying them in interest.

"So who's going to talk first?"