Chapter 1

Nervously I sat on the backseat of the limo. My mom, the queen of hearts herself, stood outside, her face smashed against the window, trying to scream at me.
"And if you don't behave I'll have your head! Understand? "
Sighing I put my hands over my ears, closing my eyes and praying that the driver will finally start the car.
"Please start the car. Please.", I mumbled.
"Will you look at me when I speak? How did I deserve a daughter like that!"
I sighed as the car slowly began to move and as I opened my eyes, we were already on the magical bridge that connected the Isle with Auradon.
Two weeks after the first four were chosen to live in Auradon, I received a letter, inviting me to go to Auradon Prep.
I still couldn't believe that I would get to live in Auradon, far away from my mother.
I looked out the window, trees with green leaves on them, big castles and wide landscapes in front of a blue sky; it all felt like a dream.
As the car slowly stopped I took a deep breath, before the door opened and I slowly stepped out of the limo. My red dress seemed to glow in the sunlight and my flower crown rested softly on my raven black hair.
"Welcome to Auradon. You must be (Y/N) Heather Hearts."
I curtsied and lowered my head.
The words of my mother echoing in my head.
'You must always remain well behaved and don't you dare forget your manners, understood? '
"It's a pleasure to meet you all. I hope I'm not a burden."
I looked up at the faces of the people in front of me.
The first was a boy with dark blonde hair. He wore blue and yellow clothes and gave me a bright smile.
Next to him stood a girl with vibrant violet hair. I knew her.
Mal, daughter of Maleficent.
We were friends when we were kids, but then my mother swore to cut of Mals head if I wouldn't stay away from her.
She's a bad influence, mother used to say.
Since then Mal seemed to hate my guts.
Next to her stood Evie, daughter of the Evil Queen. She smiled softly at me and I could've sworn she saw the soft red tint of my left cheek; a little goodbye from dear old mother.
Jay, son of Jafar, was the next in line. He eyed my flower crown, probably thinking about stealing it, but he didn't seem too interested.
The last one was Carlos, son of Cruella De Vil.
I never talked much to him back on the isle, but he seemed nice enough.
"You're not going to be a burden, I'm sure.", Ben said.
Slowly I nodded, still afraid to wake up and realise it all was a dream.

A few days later I sat in Remedial Goodness 101, together with the other Vks. They whispered and seemed to talk about important things, but I didn't even bother trying to hear what they're saying.
"As you know, uh, this Sunday is Family Day here at Auradon Prep. And because your parents can't be here due to...uh, distance, we've arranged for a special treat."
Fairy Godmother smiled and walked to a computer at front of the room. She started a videochat and I flinched, as the first thing I saw was the face of my mother.
While the villains made jokes about Fairy Godmother, I just looked at my mother, who gave me a stone-cold look.
Well, at least a loving greeting.

"So give it a rest!", Carlos finally screamed at his mother and I gave him an encouraging smile.
"Heather."
With wide eyes I turned to the screen. I could feel the eyes of the Vks and Fairy Godmother on me.
My mother never used my first name. My father, whoever that might be, choose it, and mother didn't like it one bit.
"Hi, mother. I..."
The Queen of Hearts got closer to the screen.
"What are you doing? Stand straight, girl!"
I straightened my back and bit my lip.
"Sorry, mother."
"Didn't she already stood with good posture?", I heard Carlos whisper, probably to Jay.
"And why are you staying with these... things?"
She motioned to Mal and Evie and I felt tears well up in my eyes.
"They are nice to me, mother. I don't...", I said softly.
"Don't you dare speak to me like that young lady! When I get my hands on you I will get your head and stuff it..."
Jay closed the connection and Fairy Godmother apologized silently.
"No, no... it's alright. She didn't... she didn't mean it like that, I'm sure."
I smiled softly and turned around, hoping no one noticed the tear I tried to secretly wipe away.