Chapter 2

Y/n POV
I was on my way to the common room with Ron, Harry and Hermione and we were just talking and having a good time. Everyone went up the their rooms but I decided to stay in the common room. After about an hour of staring at the fire some one came down.

"How was your birthday" I turned around and seen Harry smiling. He sat next to me. "He didn't remember" I looked down and I held the flower charm of my necklace in my fingers. "What do you mean? Didn't Draco get you that necklace?" I felt him staring at me. "Harry, Draco didn't get me the necklace. Ron did" I looked at him in the eyes now. "It's not fair" I softly cried. "What's not fair?" He put his arm around me to comfort me but it was pretty awkward. "How come my boyfriend can't remember my birthday... he says he cares about me but I think he just uses me, I don't even love him Harry, I can't love him" I started to cry a bit more.

"What's going on?" Ron suddenly ran down. I looked up at him then I quickly wiped my tears away. "No-nothings wrong" I tried to smile but it was very obviously fake. "Y/n, come on, what is it?" He laughed a bit then kneeled down in front of me grabbing my hands. "It's really nothing to worry about" I said looking him in the eyes. We stared deep in each others eyes and when I realized I quickly turned away "I-I better get to sleep.... I have potions tomorrow and I uh don't want to be late... goodnight" I fake smiled and ran up to my room.

Ron's POV
I slumped down on the couch next to Harry. "Draco didn't remember her birthday" he whispered. "He's using her Harry, he's just using her... I can't say anything either because I know she'll defend him" I couldn't deal with this emotion. "I just don't get how he could treat such a wonderful women that way, I mean, she's everything I'd want, she's funny, smart, pretty and very kind" I looked down realizing I basically confessed my feelings for her. "Don't give up Ron" Harry said getting up and walking towards the stairs.

Y/ns POV
  It was early in the morning and I had my first class. Potions with Slughorn. Draco was awfully quiet. I really did enjoy potions but Draco was bothering me, He's usually not all quiet. Suddenly the doors opened and I seen Ron and Harry walk in. "Ah, Harry, my boy, I was beginning to worry. We've brought someone with us, I see." Slughorn said turning around. "Ron Weasley, sir. But I'm dead awful at potions, a menace, actually. I'm just gonna" Ron was cut off my Slughorn "nonsense, we'll sort you out, any friend of Harry's is a friend of mine, get your books out" "I haven't actually got my book yet, and nor has Ron." Harry said looking down at his feet. "Not a worry, get what you want from the cupboard, now as I was saying. I prepared some concoctions this morning. Any ideas what these might be?" Slughorn spoke. I shot my hand straight up. "Yes, miss...?" "Diggory, sir... that one there is Veritaserum. It's a truth-telling serum. And that would be polyjuice potion. It's terribly tricky to make and this is Amortentia, the most powerful love potion in the world. It's rumoured to smell differently to each person according to what attracts them. For example, I smell freshly mown grass, and new parchment, and spearmint toothpaste.." I looked straight at Ron who was already looking at me. He smiled then I looked straight back at Draco and smirked at him then stood next to him again.

"Now, amortentia doesn't create actual love. That would be impossible. But it does cause a powerful infatuation or obsession. And for that reason, it is probably the most dangerous potion in this room." Slughorn spoke. All the girls other then me slowly made their way up to smell it. I grabbed Dracos hand and he looked at me. He looked away right after and didn't let go for once. Slughorn closed the pot of Amortentia and the girls sighed. "Sir? You haven't told us what's in that one." Pansy said. "Oh, yes. What you see before you ladies and gentlemen is a curious little potion. Known as Felix Felicis. But it is more commonly referred to as-." "Liquid luck" I whispered to myself.
"Yes. Miss Diggory. Luquid Luck" he smiled at me.  "Desperately tricky to make. Disastrous should you get it wrong. One sip and you will find that all of your endeavours succeed." I noticed Draco now looking up at the professor. "At least until the effects wear off. So this is what I offer each of you today. One tiny vial of liquid luck, to the student who in the hour that remains, manages to brew an acceptable Draught of Living Death, the recipes for which can be found on page 10 of your books. I should point out, however, only once did a student manage to brew a potion of sufficient quality to claim this prize. Never the less, good luck to you all, let the brewing commence." Slughorn smiled.

I found a table and Hermione, Ron and Harry followed me. "I thought you didn't like potions" I smiled at Ron. "I was forced to come" he smiled back. I was about to begin but someone grabbed my wrist. "My table" he started pulling me. "I already found a spot though, sorry, next time." I smiled. "No, y/n you're coming" he squeezed my wrist tighter. I let out a little squeal then I let him bring me to his table. Ron looked furious. We started trying to cut the sopophorus bean but it was really difficult and they were flying everywhere. Draco was doing it really carefully so he wouldn't lose it. I looked over at my friends and I seen Harry start to put his in. I ran up to him "how did you do that?" I stared at him. "Crush it, trust me" he smiled. I nodded then ran back to my table. I crushed it and put it in. "Y/n... how?" Draco scowled at me. "I-uh I crushed it." I looked down. "Thanks" he said. He didn't mean it though, I could tell.

"Merlins beard Harry, so perfect I dare say one drop would kill us all. Now here we are, then, as promised. One vial of Felix Felicis. Congratulations. Use it well." Slughorn started clapping. I began to clap too but Draco grabbed my wrist and mouthed "stop" then he threw my hand down and looked back at Harry.