Chap. (8) Damn women and their power

Jessie-  

"Jessie!" Ellie screams but I'm to far gone, in a matter of seconds both Devon and I are in our wolf forms.

Mine is a black wolf, and his is a brown color, mine's better.

"What the fuck man?" Cooper growls before grabbing Ellie's suit case, he goes over to her and throws her over his shoulder making sure the towel is covering everything at least to her knees.
She lets out a yelp and I know it's just because she was to frightened looking at me, I shouldn't have shifted and lost control right in front of her, who know's how scared she is of me now.

It's all Devon's fault, it's his fault his mate was taken from Shay, why drag my mate into something she knows nothing about?
He came here in a panic saying Shay said something about needing my mate because he knows she's a beautiful hybrid white wolf. But Devon doesn't know that, all he knows is he wants his mate back, and giving mine to Shay would help.

Not, and it's not happening either. Idiot, why in the world would I ever give my mate to vampires?

We push off and growl in each other's faces, of course I won that fight. But it was a cheap fight, and he deserved it either way.
I see Lucca here now standing next to one of Devon's men, and a few of my other men as well. Lucca's a good third in command, he might be young but he's a strong member, smart and loyal. And he is Ellie's stepbrother, he'll always make sure she's safe even when I can't.

I don't know how long we waited for the other to make the move, but Ellie's scream stops me.
I shift instantly and put on shorts running to find Ellie, I run downstairs and to the living room as men start to surround her.

All my men have her protected by Devon's men are starting to get to close.

"Enough!" I shout shaking the house, Devon's men back up their head's snapping to mine.

Cooper stands in front of Ellie in a protective stance as my men circle around her so she's always protected. I look at Ellie and she has tears in her eyes, and a pure look of fear.
Her dark brown hair is still damp, and her brown eyes find mine. She has a purple and grey flannel shirt on and black sweat pants, she had no make up on and looks amazing.

"Why is El crying? I want an answer, and I want it now." I growl standing in the big door way, Devon walks past me and to the other side of his room his men following him.
Ellie sneaks past, Cooper tried to stop her but she whimpered and he backed up immediately.
She runs over to me, and I catch her her legs wrap around my waist, her head in the crook of my neck crying softly.
I kiss her neck once, my arms going around her, hers go around the back of my neck and she holds on tightly.

"It's okay baby," I whisper rubbing her back soothingly. I look back at Devon's men and glare at them, they all have their heads down.
"Well? I need a damn answer." I say again, Devon growls but does nothing else.

"When I brought Ellie down to grab a bite to eat, they started coming closer and said Devon needed her." Cooper says, I don't look at him, just growl at Devon's men.

"Twenty minutes, you have twenty minutes or war. Get out," I say lowly, they don't wait a second as they all rush out, I put Ellie down taking her hand interlocked with mine.

"Devon," I say my hand gripping his shoulder tightly, he cringes but doesn't say a word.
"This won't be unnoticed to the officials and elders." I say before walking them out the door, I hug Ellie and mind link the pack quickly.

"Devon has just left, twenty minutes, if they aren't out in under twenty minutes inform me."  I speak, all of them answer and follow after Devon's speeding trucks.