Chapter-4: The Book

•Faith•

I smirked, pulling my black fitted sweatshirt over my head, then pulling my hair back into a ponytail.

Tonight's the night...

I'm going to break into my parents study, and find out why Virgil and I can't go back to the lower world.

To find answers.

I quietly put my practice dummy in my bed, then put a fake white wig on it, just to be sure that no one knows what I'm doing.

I turned off my lights, and left my room.

As soon as I stepped out of my room, I made sure no one was in the hall before making my way down to my parents study.

Glancing over my shoulder, I noticed someone was coming, so I quickly hid myself in the corner, and hid my scent.

"-I know Sirius. I expect them to come back by now." That was Lucas voice. I brung myself closer to the wall as I heard his footsteps coming closer.

"Lucas, you don't think they... That they were in that town that Faith told them about." Sirius voice was filled with fear, and worry.

But, who's 'they'.

"Probably. I pray for them to come back safely..." Lucas said while I listened.

"I agree. I'm still surprised about Faith though. Her powers are growing stronger, along with her brother." Sirius said, appearing in my sights with Lucas.

Sirius was a dark colored man with his thick accent coating his words. He was also bald, with a thick beard around his mouth and chin.

Lucas was a tall man, very muscular, and he's blonde. His hair was cut to his neck which makes him look good.

"I agree with that. Soon they will be able to take their parents positions. I think they'll be great rulers." I smiled at Lucas words.

"But, they're still young though. Which means they haven't found their mates yet. Till then, they have to work hard." Sirius said, he was smiling at Lucas.

"Well, I better head off. I have to check the borders before I can go to bed." Lucas said as he shook Sirius hand, then walked away.

Sirius stood there for a second before walking away with a smile on his face.

Making sure no one else was coming, I started heading to the study.

•§•

I stood in front of the crystal door with a hair clip, and paper clip in hand.

I grinned, "Let's do this."

I started picking the lock while looking around me, still making sure no one was around.

Click.

I smirked, and put my handy tools in my pants pocket. I slowly opened the door, glancing around the dark empty room.

I stepped further into the room, then closed the door before locking it.

"Okay... What now?" I whispered to myself, going towards the desk.

Papers were scattered everywhere on it, some spells and others business stuff. I went over and turned on the lamp near the desk, letting the room light up.

I sat in moms chair since dad doesn't have one, and started looking through the drawers.

First drawer was papers about spells.