Chapter 30: A Burning Desire

Faith

Too much pain.

Too much venom.

Too much hatred.

That's what I felt when my mate said those words to me. I felt his hatred, the anger was spooling out of him like a waterfall as he charged at me.

Every part of me wanted to move, but I wasn't able to move at all. Only letting my blade find it's way of blocking the sword that came down on me. Then I felt his foot on my chest just as he kicked me, sending me backwards. I landed on my back, crying out in pain as I felt glass pierce through my skin.

I hissed, rolling to my side only to be kicked in the stomach, sending me rolling over the edge of the road. My sword was forgotten, lost from my grasp. I groaned, moving my head slightly to see my mate grinning at my weak self that is laying in probably my own blood. I slowly got up, panting heavily as I leaned on my knees before standing upright.

I can't hurt him. I knew I can't, but I have to protect myself at least. Instead of summoning a weapon, I summoned a shield.

It appeared on my left wrist, and I held it up as I swallowed a lump on my throat

"Tell me where is the Life Stone is, and maybe I'll let you live." He threatened while trying to make a deal, but I shook my head.

"We don't have the stone you are looking for. Please, just walk away." I said only to make him laugh.

"I like this begging you're doing." He swung his blade around before walked down the hill, standing in front of me like he was expecting me to submit.

"If it takes me begging for you to leave, I'll do it. I don't want to harm you or harm anyone else in the matter." I said as I watched his face twist in confusion, then it turned into a grin.

"Demons like you deserve to die. I son't want to harm you, I want to end you. Let me finish you off quickly." He said, and that's when the battle begin.

I jumped away in time before his blade came in contact with my skin. I raised my shield to protect myself only for him to swing around me, his blade sliced through my clothing, and I held back my scream of pain when I felt my skin burn.

I turn around quickly, blocking another hit, dodging this time around as he he tried to hit every blindside I had, but I kept up even though my body was screaming.

I glance towards the forest, before lifting my shield again, then jumped back.

"Come get me." I said as I turn around, going into the darkness, and changing clothes into armor that will help me blend into the shadows.