Chapter sixteen

"I thought you said there was no arguments?" It wasn't an argument, it's was me being a teenager and my father being a dad. Miscommunication. "That drove you to run away?" I nod "Where did you go?"

"She was here." Quade answers for me and detective jots something down "How'd you get here? Isn't this place quite the distance?" Martin questions, yes um, I was making my way to the busy part of town when Tamyne saw me and offered me a ride. She let me know I was coming here. "Have you guys know each other for a while?" I shake my head "But you got into her car anyways?" I nod feeling a little stupid.

Of course I thought of that! I just can't tell him. "And then Wednesday and Thursday you were absent." I nod and so does he jotting something down yet again. "Your house," those words scare me and I brace myself for what's next "you have no bedroom or bathroom door, but you father does, you have a small variety of clothes but your father has a closet. You have various questionable bruises all over your body and your telling me everting was fine at home?"

I nod hanging my head, I know how it sounds. "Do you eat well at home?" The question flys over my head as I stare at my blurred hand, I blink watching my tears fall on the sheets "Aviana?"

"Can you give her a second?" Tamyne snaps as I take in a shaky breath.

"You are 25kg below your average weight, that is dangerously low." He tells me like I don't already know that! "Do you resent your father?" I shake my head no "If you did it would totally make sense, by the looks of things he abused you and didn't even care to feed you. If getting rid of him was the goal it would totally be understandable."

I stay quite at the correct accusation, "What did you poison him with?" I didn't. I don't miss a beat maybe going a little too fast. "What do you remember about Friday?" All of it, not much. "Can you pick out key details?" I remember coming home and going to shower and then dinner was ready, we ate and the rest is a blur. "So you weren't in the kitchen?" I shake my head no and he goes silent.

I lift my head locking eyes with Quade and note his posture, his arms are crossed, legs apart and face fixed.

"Can you talk about the life style before?" I don't take the subject easily, I don't even want to talk anymore so I just turn on my water works like I have a switch. I curl into a ball and start sobbing hard into my knees.

"I think that's enough detective." Quade speaks over my sobbing but I keep going, Tamyne rubs my back and I hear a chair shuffle "If she remembers anything please contact me." Martin says.

"Will do." It sounds nothing like Quade and I hear two footsteps walk towards the door and I wait for it to open and close before looking up again. I wipe my crocodile tears and sit up. "Did you just?-" she frowns then smiles "that's impressive."

I finally get left alone which is what I thought I wanted until my thoughts came creeping back, why didn't they throw me under the bus? What is their obsession with me? I'm literally a broken ticking time bomb, I'm discombobulated in places I don't even know. I'm as good as dead.

I can no longer feel a painful throb in my rib and my stomach has stopped eating itself, I slept for more then one night, I'm safe even though I don't know where I am, and I ate. Maybe this isn't as bad as I think it is.

I get out of bed standing up to go towards a set of doors, opening it is a delight making me want to do it again. I can definitely pick up on the theme here, a marble setting with gold highlights. Oh my goodness, I don't think I've been in a bathroom this big before. I step in letting my bare feet touch the cold neat marble floors.

I see the white toilet through the room sized mirror, I literally look like an ant in this bathroom. I watch myself carefully and step forward to get a better look. My left side of my head is stitched together and my eyebrow has a cut in it, I run my fingers past my scares then move stand back. I realize I'm not in my clothes, no these look to good to be mine.

I'm in a simple white two piece pyjama set, I look down past my legs and see my previous battle scars. I look like a banana, I'm bruised and cut in unimaginable places. I un button my top half and let it fall, tears rush stinging behind my eyes and I cover my mouth stopping a loud sob form escaping.

I'm in a bralette. Like a real one. I smile to myself with tears running down cheeks, I see my rib cage bandaged up so I undo them to reveal a dark purple fading into blue sort of pattern going on. The sight isn't eye pleasing but it's on my body and I have to deal with that. I take in a deep breath before turning around.

I take a few breaths before adjusting my head to look at my back. My jaw drops in deviation.