Chapter ten

I make my way across the field watching a group of freshmen walk past me, I trod my way behind a gym and sit down on the warm grass. I cross my legs and burry my head in my hands, this isn't what I wanted!

In my plan he would be gone in a month or so but finding out that he basically left me there for dead wants me to speed up the process, I should do it today. Just get it over and done with. But do I really want this? I'm not a killer, I don't want to murder my own father. I might as well be him if I kill him.

The plan whirls around in my head, should I go with it? Or should I wait it out?

Well originally I wanted to get home and then do something to piss him off which would probably get my ass beat but that's what I want, cause after that I'll get a chance to defend myself and just stab him or something. That part I haven't really planned out. But once he's gone I need to drag him back to his room and start to burn this house down.

Okay it's not the best plan but it'll get better once the adrenaline kicks in.

"Can I join you?" A voice scares me making me jump, my eyes land on the prettiest of blue eyes, I don't even get to answer as he just sits down at least two feet away from me. I watch as his back leans against the brick walls and his shirt rides up a little. "Not a fan of maths?" He asks making my eyebrows frown.

"You have maths now." He tells me and something in me flutters, he catches me staring making me look away. What the hell is wrong with me? I've never liked a guy before partly because no guys have ever had a chance to talk to me, ever time they even say hello my father finds out and we have to leave.

He sits up facing me and takes a second to study me "I don't know what your deal is but I'm here to figure it out, there's not much you can hide from your mate." My heart skips at the last word, mate. My eye drop to my lap and I try blinking myself back to reality, what the hell is going on?

"Can we try something?" He asks making me freeze, what the hell is trying to try? "Come here," he says and I just stare at him for a second, I don't know this guy and he's here telling me he's my mate and he wants to try something. For all I know he could just start strangling me "I'm not going to hurt you Aviana." The way he says my name is music to my ear and I find myself moving forward.

We sit face to face with each other and I let myself get lost into his eyes, the blue is like the lightest shade of the ocean. You could just sink into his eyes if you wanted too, my heart flutters again but this time I feel the same overwhelming of emotion come to surface and I start to un ravel. My eyes water fast and I can see distress cross his face.

Talk to me.The sudden words ring in my ears in his voice but I don't see his lips move, my body jerks back out of terror surprising him too "Did I scare you?" He asks suddenly as I sit in shock, what in the world was that?! He reaches out for me and I back up some more with now wide eyes, he stops himself from doing whatever it is he was about to do and leaves me alone.

I take the opportunity to wipe my eyes and look away. Is that what he meant by showing me something? He wanted to get into my head to talk to me? But why? If anything it's a little awkward now with him just sitting there and me doing everything I can to avoid eye contact. "I'm sorry if I sacred you...I'm just trying to figure you out since you don't talk much."

I look up at him hearing the words 'I'm sorry' directed at me, no ones ever apologized to my before and now I kinda feel stupid about it. I shrug shaking my head a little trying to tell him it's no big deal, I don't know if he gets the message but it definitely gets me thinking.

Is this how Tamyne and Xaz were communicating the other day? Telepathically? Is it like wolf thing or is it between mates kind of thing? The question runs in my mind and I just decide to give in and find out for myself, I slowly start to move back to him and stop where I was before. Try again. I sign to him and then we go back to starring at each other deeply. At least this time I didn't tear up.

Aviana. I smile when I hear him say my name, he picks up on my soft smile and copies it. Do you like it when I say your name? He asks and I nod, I still can't believe I'm here. I swear if my father just comes out of nowhere I'm dead. You have really pretty eyes. He compliments me catching me off guard.

No I don't. I shake my head but he just stares at me, my heart skips a beat at his silence making me feel like a did something wrong. Say something Quade. I watch his eyes grown a little softer and a grin form from cheek to cheek.

You know my name. He says lifting his eyebrows a little.

Of course I know your name. I almost roll my eyes but I don't remembering how I got my ass beat the last time I rolled my eyes.