Skip to the Good Part

A/N: is it just me or has the wattpad app been acting up lately?

Also thank you to Victoria, Alice, and Liz for helping me find dog names :3

[Calum - six years later.]

"Hiiiiiiiii!" Taylor screeched from the other end of the screen as she picked up my call.

I winced, giving her a pained look. "You really don't need to be so loud!"

"I'm sorry!" she giggled, Mikey poking his head into the frame and waving before disappearing again. "I'm just so excited!"

"Where are you guys now?" I asked, trying to make some sense of her surroundings. She was most likely on her phone, seeing as I could mainly see her face, and it was so shaky.

"TOKYO! Isn't that exciting?!" she cried again, this time eliciting a laugh from behind me. Not even a second later, I felt strong arms wrap around me, and Luke rest his chin on my shoulder. "Oh, there you are loverboy! I was about to ask what happened to you."

"He just woke up," I rolled my eyes, Luke chuckling and turning his head to kiss my cheek.

"Yeah, I can tell," she giggled, before sighing happily. "This place is amazing, guys. I wish you were here! I'll send you some postcards."

I laughed, looking over to the fridge, which was already covered in postcards from all the places she had been with Mikey on tour. "Tay, we're running out of space on our fridge!"

"Psht," she waved us off, laughing. "You'll find space!"

"What time is it over there?" Luke asked her sleepily, rubbing at his eyes.

"Almost one am," she casually replied, before getting distracted and talking to someone behind the camera. "What? Seriously?!"

I frowned slightly at her tone, asking "What's up?"

"There are a bunch of fans waiting outside the hotel!" she gasped. "I mean, not that many, but poor things! They must be cold! I'm gonna see if I can get them blankets, and I'll buy some snacks for them too. Who knows how long they've been waiting!. Anyways so, guys, I'll call you later. I miss you!"

"We miss you too!" I answered, giving her a smile. "Have fun in Japan!"

"I will," she grinned, before blowing us a kiss. "Love ya! Bye!"

The screen went blank, and Luke chuckled, letting go of me to head over to the coffee machine. "Well, I'm glad she's having fun."

"Yeah, me too," I smiled fondly at the screen, even though she had already hung up. "Crazy, isn't it? How far Mikey has gone with his band?"

"Yeah, I was just thinking about that," he nodded, staring at the postcards on the fridge, his arms crossed on his bare chest and a small smile playing on his lips.

We were quiet for a moment before he added, "She seems really happy. They both do, actually."

I nodded in agreement. "She looks more than happy. Do you know how long she's wanted to go to Japan?"

"Oh trust me, I know," he chuckled.

The coffee maker made a beeping noise, announcing that it was done, and I got off the bar stool to grab two cups for us, handing them over to him. "What time did you get back last night babe? You seem exhausted."

"Pretty late," he sighed. "I think it was around 2. I didn't want to wake you up because you looked so peaceful."

"How come so late?" I asked with a slight frown, thanking him for the cup of coffee before bringing it up to my lips.