Chapter 12

The Same Day... (Night)

(Naruto's POV)

Sasuke sat in silence at my table. He's thinking. I was cooking up ramen while also staring at him. "You okay?" I ask. He looked up like he was afraid but calmed when he saw me.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine.." he looked away from me.

"Sasuke...there's something in your mind. You know you can tell, don't you?" I say.

"Yeah, I know. I just...don't want to talk about it right now" he got up and walked over to me. I pulled him in for a hug. His body started to shake. He's crying..."I'm sorry..." he whispered.

"Sasuke, for what? You did nothing wrong!" I backed up and put my hands on his shoulders. I look him straight in the eyes and said,

"Sasuke, listen to me. You did absolutely NOTHING wrong. What happened back there was my doing. I went after you. You hear me? It's not your fault that I got hurt. It's definitely not your fault that you were curious and wanted to come out into the forest!" his eyes were wide. Oh shoot, did I snap? "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell" I turn from him. But he turns me back. He kisses me. AH! The first time we kissed was because I didn't have to much control over myself. But now! He backs away.

"Sorry, I just...I needed to hear those words from you" and he goes back to the table. "By the way, how long does it take for you to make instant ramen?" He laughs. I haven't heard him laugh like that in awhile, it was nice to hear it. I get the two cups of ramen and place them on the table. I sit down, across from him, and start a conversation.

"Um, this might get a little...serious" I say. He looked at me with a confused face. "I uh, I visited...your old...house" his eyes widened.

"The Uchiha house..? You went there? Naruto...why?" He moved his seat over to me. I leaned on him.

"It was the only place I felt close to you. Is that weird? I mean, you lived there. It's where you grew up and where all this started" he wrappers his arms around me and lays his head on mine.

"Where it all started...where Itachi...did his 'work'" he got up and walked to the middle of the room. "Naruto, I don't belong here" he turns to me "you've already seen the looks I've got from the street. They don't want me here!"

"Sasuke Uchiha!" I snap. God, I have to stop this. He stops. I lower my voice. "Sasuke, their just not used to the fact that you came back. Listen, if you go back I don't know what they'll do to you. I don't want you hurt..." I say.

"I know...but it's going to take so much time..."

"We just have to be patient" I walk over to hug him. I look into his eyes. He looks tired. "Hey, you should get some sleep. It looks like you haven't gotten any in days..." he nodded.

"Yeah, it's true. I thought of sleep as a waste of time. I guess I was being idiotic...again" he yawned. He slowly started to fall forward. I caught him before he hit the ground.

"Hey, let's get you to bed okay? You need rest"

"Thank you..." he closed his eyes. He's more tired than I thought. I pick him up and lay him on the bed. He's already fast asleep. I throw away our cups of ramen and get the couch set up for me. I get a blanket from the closet and just as I was about to lay down there's a knock at the door. Who could be up at this late? Well, besides me. I walk over to the door and open it.

"Ino?! What are you doing here" by the look on her face I can already tell.

"Is Sasuke here? Sakura told me he was staying with you! Can I see him?" Without a second to respond she pushed me away and looked around. She was about to open my bedroom door but I grabbed her.

"Ino! He's asleep!" She smacks my hand.

"I can still see him, can't I?" She puts her hand on the doorknob.

"Ino stop!" She let's go. "He's sleeping and nothing can disturb him. He's been through a lot, not that you would understand" she looks me in the eye.

"Of course I understand! He took training from the enemy, his mind his corrupted!" I push her away from the door.

"No! That's not it! He was blinded by hatred and desperate to get revenge. His parents were killed by his brother and you have no idea about what it feels like to have someone so closely you be taken away!" The doorknob turns and Sasuke steps out.

"Naruto..why are you yelling?" Ino shrieks.

"Sasuke-kun! Are you okay?!"

"Stop screaming" he glares at her. "Clearly you haven't changed a bit, still the same annoying little girl" tell her Sasuke. She has no idea how clueless she really is.

"Ino!" Sakura came barging in. Sasuke took my hand. "I'm sorry you guys I couldn't stop her"

"It's fine Sakura" Ino stared at our hands.

"Don't touch him! Sasuke get away from him" Sasuke held my hand tighter.

"No, you get away from me" Sasuke then kissed me on the cheek. Ino screamed.

"SASUKE?! WHAT HAS NARUTO DONE TO YOU?!" Sakura punched her in the back of the neck, knocking her to the ground.

"I'll take aware of her. WAIT! You two are holding hands! Awe!" She squealed. "You two are adorable! I'll leave you now, goodnight!"

"Goodnight Sakura" she closed the door and we both sighed.

"Well, now you can go back to sleep" I start walking back to the couch but Sasuke grabs my sleeve.

"Stay with me...just until I fall asleep" he whispers.

"Sure..." I hug him and open the door. As soon as I put the blanket on him he's out cold. I sit next to him just for a bit...until I fall asleep too. This day and forward will be tough but we'll get through...together.
-
-
-
-
-
-
Yeah, Inos a jerk in this BUT it's because I think she would be. Idk, someone had to do the job and Ino is...some what perfect for the job. 🤷‍♀️ Do you get what I mean? Right? Like I said, I'm socially awkward 😂

Word Count: 1096