Returning to Dalton

Two weeks passed quickly and soon it was time for Jeff to return to Dalton. He had nightmares almost every night and they hoped that returning to a familiar place would make it easier. He still had a cast on his arm and leg, but his ribs had healed enough for him to go back to school.

            "What are they gonna say?" Jeff asked for the thousandth time.

            "Babe, c'mon, relax. They're all really worried about you and super anxious to have you back," Nick said, "They love you Jeff and they want you back at Dalton." Jeff just nodded and watched as Nick finished packing his bag.

            "You ready?" Nick asked, turning to his boyfriend. Jeff nodded again and leaned on Nick as he stood. They made their way slowly down the stairs where Burt, Carole, Finn, Kurt, and Blaine were standing.

            "You take it easy, okay?" Carole said, hugging Jeff lightly before turning to Nick and doing the same.

            "I will," he said as Burt hugged him too.

            "We'll come up to visit soon and make sure you are," Kurt promised and Jeff smiled.

            "You're welcome here any time honey, okay? If it gets to be too much or if you need to get away for a bit then you're more than welcome here," Carole said and Burt nodded in agreement.

            "Thank you," Jeff said, looking around at them all, "For everything. It just, it means so much to me, everything you've done. Letting me stay here, taking me to all my doctor's appointments, and just helping me out these past couple weeks."

            "No thanks necessary sweetheart," Carole hugged him again, "If you ever need anything, and I mean anything, you call us, alright?"

            Jeff smiled warmly and nodded at her, rubbing his eyes quickly to stop them from watering. They said goodbye several more times and then he and Nick walked down the driveway and got into Nick's car.

            "You ready?" Nick asked quietly.

            Jeff took a deep breath, "Yeah, let's go."

            Nick started up the car and they made their way back to Dalton.

Alright, I hope you liked this chapter! I had already written half this chapter ages ago and then I finished it just shortly before I uploaded this story.

Thanks so much for reading and let me know what you think!